Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp Grounds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSLO area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLO area
    Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 10:56am
For our winter break adventure on the Cental California Coast, we are staying at an SLO county park, Oceano Memorial Park, just a block from the entrance to the Oceano Dunes State Rec Area. I had looked at the state park campgrounds in Pismo Beach and Morro Bay, but the price was higher and without hookups. We paid $35 per night for full hookups. We only needed to buy at 50-to-30amp adapter, as they're all 50amp. There is a potty (usable) and pay shower house (I prefer the pod's shower) on site. It's just a short walk to a neighborhood park with kids' playground.

The negatives are that the wooden bridge over the slough next to us is noisy when cars drive over it and there is a small airfield next door, which we like because the kids like to watch the planes and the noise doesn't bother us. However, if you want quiet, this might not be your spot.

I will be checking out the state park situation for the future perhaps, but for the price this spot has been a good base for touring the area.
Bay Area Crew
2013 178 Beach Pod
F-150 SuperCrew
...sempre in viaggio sul mare...
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:32am
Sounds like your weather is way better than here today and hope that everyone had fun. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
headcold View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 2:43pm
Bodie mentioned the need for a 50 to 30 amp adapter in using 50 amp outlets that appear to be standard in California.  I may be in California with my 177 later during the spring.  What's the deal with the adapter? I guess I will have to go to Camping World to see the adapter to which Bodie is referring, but sI would welcome any enlightenment that fellow podders can give me on this issue.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 3:09pm
They are available here at WalMart and other places that have camping supplies.  Mine is like a short extension cord (about 6 inches) with a 30 amp female on one end and a 50 amp male on the other.  I also have seen a one piece unit that has the 50 amp male on one side and the 30 amp female on the other.  The third type and most likely the best is one that has overcurrent protection built in.  I have heard of these but have never seen one.  The Pod is protected by the breaker in the pod, so the only thing being protected with one of these is the cord.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
bodie55 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 5:26pm
I bought the one piece smaller lighter weight one at Walmart. I didn't need the extra cord and it was a few bucks cheaper.
Bay Area Crew
2013 178 Beach Pod
F-150 SuperCrew
...sempre in viaggio sul mare...
 Post Reply Post Reply