R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHalloween in the Park, Codorus, PA - Event Date: 25 Oct 2013 - 26 Oct 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Halloween in the Park, Codorus, PA
    Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:30am
Every year we attend a Halloween bash held at Codorus State Park near Hanover, PA.  I would bet 500 kids come each night on Friday and Saturday nights (except 2 years ago when the blizzard hit on Saturday and they ALL came on Friday night!).  A safe and easy way to trick-or-treat from young kids to older.  They close off half of the park (C and D loops), where all campers donate their money, time and energy to decorate everything, from campers to bath houses, yurts, etc.  I believe they ask for a $10 donation per car load - this is run by Friends of Codorus, a nonprofit which has done a lot to improve the park over the years.  Hay ride, food vendors, kids activities.

I believe the "fun" side of the park is fully booked, but there are always open sites in the A and B loops if you'd like to join in last-minute.  Joining in on the C and D loops usually means registering and paying $75 in June or July.

You are welcome to join us at our site either night, we always host friends and families from my wife's Girl Scout troop for a campfire, we provide hot dogs.

You can see pics of our pod on this page, in the 2011 and 2012 lineups (scroll down).  Look for the really big pumpkin.  http://www.halloweeninthepark.org/photos.html
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:38am
Now that looks like an exciting Halloween weekend!!

The blizzard part of it last year, not so much though.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 1:50pm
The blizzard was hell (two years ago), starting with packing up not just the usual camp stuff but all the decorations in blowing heavy snow.  You can see the damage to the park and people's stuff in some of those pics.  We were lucky that we woke up early enough on Saturday we were able to save our EZ-ups and get out before we got stuck.  We still had our Sienna then and I was very worried we wouldn't make it home.  I ended up leaving behind a large amount of firewood and lost some minor stuff under the snow.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
curtaf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:41pm
I hope everyone got out from under the trees in time... I took over $5000 worth of damage from that storm from falling trees, including a crushed utility trailer. Wouldn't want to be in a camper under that falling lumberyard! 
2014 RP177
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 10:39pm
Oh yes, the October surprise. Camping at French Creek took 2 branches in the roof of the popup, now I have the hybrid! 
 Post Reply Post Reply