Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR Dome white snaps - Event Date: 22 Oct 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: R Dome white snaps
    Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:07am
Could someone please let me know if they have any of the White Snaps that attach the R Dome to the R Pod we have a used 2010 R Pod that we have just purchase it came with the R Dome all parts are with it except we are missing 5 of the small white snaps... I contacted R Pod and they said they did not have any and we want to attach the suction cups to them like we saw in the video of how to set it up.. Please let me know if anyone can be of help.. email pepmac@tampabay.rr.com
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:47am
People generally don't want to use the white snaps as suction cups are a better alternative.  They aren't permanent for one.

One of the older complaints about the old white snaps was once they are installed sometimes you have a difficult time getting the dome into the exact same spots and configuration.

I'd toss the snaps and get some good suction cups!  They will serve you better I think.
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:39am
This is probably a lame question, but I do plan to use suction cups on my R-Dome which is on order with my new 178.  Delivery is still another 3 weeks, so I have not seen how the new R-Domes have changed, if any.  How do the new domes fasten to the suction cups?  In the past, several owners resorted to using hot glue to fasten the suction cups to their domes.

That brings up another worry for me.  I hope the factory does not install the snaps to the sidewall since the dome is included with my pod. Does any one know if they do? 

While I am at it, one unrelated question.  The 178 options include a 19" TV with a swing-arm mount in the entertainment center.  We will be using a 24" TV instead and use the smaller one elsewhere.  Is a base included with the dealer-supplied TV?
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
pepmac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:43am
Thank you for your responce we intended to super clue the snaps into the screen room tabs and then add the suction cups also with super clue so that they could attach to the suction cups.. do you have a better idea on how to attach the suction cups to the screen room tabs thanks
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
The suction cups have levering hooks on them.  Once you get them tight and in position they will hold very well.  But the ones straight from factory kinda suck, you'll want to replace them most likely.

Forest River doesn't put the white snaps on the body of Rpods any longer so no need to worry about that.  Also from above your factory TV should most assuredly come with a stand!

pepmac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
We did not get suction cups with our dome room can you recommed a suction cup or do I need to get them from Forest River.. thank you so much for all your help.. we are novice RV'ers and can use all  the suggestions we can get.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:08pm
These here are great, they hold very tight even in high winds.  Holds wet towels on the Pod, whatever you want to use them for.  We get this brand at Lowes, I can't quite read the price in the background but IIRC they are like $2 something a pack.  Work great.

pepmac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:33pm
You have been most helpful thank you again for your help ... and fast responce.. 
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by pepmac

You have been most helpful thank you again for your help ... and fast responce.. 

<----Computer Engineer, I stay connected to the stupid internet and computers pretty much 24 hours a day!  LOL

I'm glad to have my RPod friends and questions to help make my time more interesting.

LOLLOL
Broz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 8:45pm
Hey KY Mooses any good camping area down by you - looking at Veterans day weekend - Nov 9 through 11. Computers are cool -
Broz form IL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>