Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Podders and our Shakedown cruise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Podders and our Shakedown cruise
    Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 4:51pm
Furnace fix....we had a similar problem when I took my fiancee out to show it off. I wanted her to hear the fan and decide if it was too loud. Furnace wouldn't turn on at all and I was beginning to get upset.
I first found out that the thermostat diplays the inside temp. I believe you simply turn it off and press the up button. Funny enough, the internal temp in no way coincides with the external, even with the door and windows open.
I had to turn it up to 81 to beat the internal temp and get it to start. Reason I'm saying this, you may have a thermostat issue. Try checking the internal temp and make sure you set it higher. If in a storm and you try turning it up some, it may not be higher than the internal temp. Two people and two dogs could cause this.
If it helps, great! If not, I'm a newbie that has never taken my rpod out yet...
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 7:57pm
Never show a fiance a new vehicle without thoroughly testing.  Remember Bill Gates when he was showing the world his new Windows 7 program.  In front of all the media, he got the "Blue Screen of Death."  Arrgh!!  Happens to the best of us.  Take a lesson.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:35am
Lol, lesson learned!
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Row pod

We are also newbies.  Sally and Libby.  We are competitive master rowers so have to pick between our toys, 2 single shells or 2 kayaks. Have had the 182G since August. Pull vehicle is a 2006 Ford Expedition 5.4L.  I haven't figured out how to post a post, but figured out how to reply.

We stopped by the Round Up in Sea side and talked with a few of the Podders who were in camp. We spent some time at Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon mid September.  Great lake for kayaking and/or rowing.  Also miles of biking trails.  Would have gone more often but couldn't get reservations (we are still picky about having water/electricity)

I have also learned that out heater won't work.  It runs, but blows out only cold air and then only runs for 4 minutes.  Will schedule service after our next Pod adventure which is next week somewhere Central/Southern Oregon Coast.

Couple of questions for Podders out there.
1. Are stabilizer bars necessary with such a heavy TV?
2. At the moment the Pod is outside (have a big boat I need to sell, wrong season) being that we live in Oregon and it rains during the winter is it best to try and find a cover (any recommendations?) or Throw a tarp over but not fully enclose?
3. Has anyone designed an awning for overnight trips?

Will post pictures when I figure out how. 

Welcome Row pod!  The stabilizer bar question will get you a lot of varied answers ... at a minimum I would recommend having an anti-sway friction bar installed.  Yes, having lived most of my life in the Pacific NW (including Portland for several years) I would absolutely recommend you get a cover for your Pod, especially during the winter months.  You can order ones that are made for the Pod through Forest River or Northern Tool, or you can actually just use a large tarp if you want.  Awnings have been designed by many here on the forum that don't wish to use the R-dome itself ... if you do a search for awnings you should be able to find several posts and pictures on it.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 10:14am
I have an 03 Expedition same engine towing a 182. I haven't towed in high winds, but otherwise, no sway. I have a brake controller installed and set it to 3.5. In reverse I turn it to 0.
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 10:17am
Also, with your furnace make sure the internal temp of the pod permits the furnace to turn on. We found out the internal seems cooler than the thermostat reads. To check, turn it off and press the up arrow. It was 70 outside, but 80 on the thermo in ours. Windows were open and everything all the night before, but it still read 80.
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
Dagi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:43pm
great ideas on the furnace - thanks all! I'll give them a shot before hauling it up to Poulsbo RV to have them look at it. 

The Roundup sounds like a lot of fun so I'll certainly keep an eye out for dates. It's funny how large the Rpod looks in the backyard and how small it looked next to all of the other trailers at the park. Big smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:19pm
Lol, yeah. Robin said, "Wow, thats a lot bigger than I thought!!". I refrained from comment...
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12