R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic > All Things Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sports
    Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:24am
Saturday afternoon spent spraying UV protectant on the Dawg Pod listening to the Dawgs beat Illinois 34 to 24! We love you Bishop Sankey! My youngest moves into a UW dorm on Friday. Empty nest and lots of r podding to look forward to. Our oldest (a junior at UW) actually still lives at home but is very independent. We feel like we deserve to treat ourselves for a change. Maybe we'll take the Dawg Pod tailgating at the brand newly remodeled Husky Stadium next Saturday! Tomorrow it's the Seahawks at home against the 49ers! Go Hawks. Should be loud!
Lefty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 10:55am
I'm further east than you so my loyalties are the Tar Heels. But congrats on your win.
Was curious about your spraying UV protectant. Care to elaborate?
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:11pm
Being west coasters, we'll be cheering, "Go, Niners!" Enjoy your Pod and semi- empty nest?
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:12pm
Sorry, that was suppose to be !, not ?  Wink
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
Dawg Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:10pm
I'm a California native so I get your loyalty! Lots to love about the Bay Area. Have a good week!
Dawg Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:35pm
Sure! We had been advised not to buy the dealer RV sealant offered at the time of purchase. Many folks recommended doing it ourselves with 303 Aerospace Protectant. It comes in a spray bottle and is available at auto supply stores with wash and wax products. It's like sunscreen for an RV and lays down a protective coat against UV rays and other damaging weather. It was so easy to use. Just spray it on an area and the immediately wipe the area until dry. If it streaks you are using too much product. Just go over it with water to remove the product, dry and try again. We had no trouble. It took us about 45 minutes with both of us working. We bought two bottles so we could both work at the same time. It says to reapply every 5-6 weeks but we probably won't get around to it that often. Where we live we don't have lots of salt or pollution-just tons of drizzly rain (like right now, for instance). You may want to apply more often. Maybe more experienced podders will chime in on this. Dan had no trouble reaching the whole top from a ladder next to the pod. I wouldn't recommend getting on the roof to echo what others have posted. Dan is around 6 feet. Unless you are really short you probably won't have trouble. I did the low and he took care of the high. Team work! Good luck. Aren't r Pods just fun! Can't wait to go out again!
 Post Reply Post Reply