Topic ClosedDreaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreaming
    Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 1:28pm
Sooooo, is it ok to start dreaming about a trip for next summer when this summer isn't officially over, in a trailer that hasn't even been delivered yet? It's amazing how much time my husband and I spend dreaming about our hopefully soon to be delivered trailer, what we want to do to fix it up and where we want to go. That said, next summer we want to take a trip up the Oregon/Washington coast, into Canada and across, perhaps down through Glacier to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and back to home. Not sure you can do that all in three weeks. Any recommendations for great campgrounds anywhere along that route? Great things to see/do? Thanks!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 6:09pm
It's never to early to dream and be planning trips.

We're already working on our next year's schedule!

The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 6:53pm
Where are you headed?
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by The Pod Couple

Sooooo, is it ok to start dreaming about a trip for next summer when this summer isn't officially over, in a trailer that hasn't even been delivered yet? It's amazing how much time my husband and I spend dreaming about our hopefully soon to be delivered trailer, what we want to do to fix it up and where we want to go. That said, next summer we want to take a trip up the Oregon/Washington coast, into Canada and across, perhaps down through Glacier to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and back to home. Not sure you can do that all in three weeks. Any recommendations for great campgrounds anywhere along that route? Great things to see/do? Thanks!

We didn't take the pod -- didn't have it then -- but we were in the Canadian Rockies exactly a year ago.  Spent a week tent camping in multiple Canadian national parks and then a week in Glacier, Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons.  It's a long frigging way from Glacier to Yellowstone!  Check towing restrictions for Going to the Sun Road in Glacier.  Not having a trailer, I didn't pay close attention, but there is a limit on the length of vehicles; rather short I think.  I remember thinking a lot of people must have had to deal with the issue.  You can camp on either end of the Going to the Sun Road and take a Red Car or your own vehicle from one end to the other.  It is a spectacular road and park, and well worth seeing from both directions, more than once at different times of day if you have time.

I just checked, "Vehicles, and vehicle combinations, longer than 21 feet(including bumpers) or wider than 8 feet (including mirrors), are prohibited between Avalanche Campground and the Rising Sun picnic area parking. Vehicle and vehicle combinations over 10 feet in height may have difficulty driving west from Logan Pass to the Loop, due to rock overhangs."  So, no trailers, basically.

It would be wise to check travel restrictions as best you can for your entire itinerary.  There are always alternative routes, but knowing ahead of time can save some serious frustration.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 8:51pm
Thanks for your input! I've been in Glacier and on the Going to the Sun road many years ago. I can't remember if we were tenting then or had our tent trailer. I appreciate the heads up about checking road restrictions. I hadn't thought of that.
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
 Post Reply Post Reply