R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater tank, Filling ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water tank, Filling ?
    Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 11:32pm
On our last trip while camping we were connected to city water and had the water on for most of the first day. When we leave the camper for anything over an hour or so we shut the water off for safety although this day we were there all day and late that evening I found water dripping out of the gravity fill opening.
I had forgot about this until today when I dropped the water tank down for a mod I am doing and needed access to the lower surface of the floor panel and saw that there is one water line going to the kitchen sink area from an outlet on the tank and the city water connection hose also goes into the tank.

I assume that the line from the tank to sink area must go to the pump then out throughout the camper. With the city water connection going into the tank there must be a "T" and a check valve in the tank to allow the pump to get water from the tank or city water to enter the system.

Question is, do you think the check valve is leaking city water into the tank over filling the tank? Also how do they change the check valve?

Our Pod is under warranty so I will be taking it to the dealer for the work but I am a curious guy and just wondering how this is done, or do I have the theory all wrong. Most RVs I have delt with have the city water T connection outside the tank and a manual valve to select city or tank water.
2014 RP-172, AKA KrogPod
2003 S10 ExCab V6 4.3L Automatic
Central Texas
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 8:34am
Your "city water" connects down stream of the pump. There is a check valve in the pump head. When hooked up to city water, NO water should go into your fresh water holding tank. If it is back filling, then the check valve is bad.

KrogPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 3:40pm
Thanks Furpod I think I was confused by the vent line.
2014 RP-172, AKA KrogPod
2003 S10 ExCab V6 4.3L Automatic
Central Texas
 Post Reply Post Reply