R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-pod 172 T Thermostat question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
madisonprep01 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-pod 172 T Thermostat question
    Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 4:26pm
Bob, 

Thanks for the response!  I didn't see any Fuse lights tripped in the fuse box (below the fridge), But I will check that out this weekend.

Nothing turns on when I move the analog thermostat on the wall.  Luckily for now, we are in North Carolina, so the heat isn't really an issue yet:) But it will be soon enough!
Brannon
08-Kia Sedona
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 4:21pm
I have a 2010 173 with a Coleman A/C.  The "Opt Heat" on the A/C control knob is for an optional heat strip that can be mounted within the ceiling unit.  It is unlikely that you have the heat strip. That knob is only for fan and A/C speed as well as on/off unless you do have the heat strip.

The wall thermostat is for the furnace only.  If the furnace fan won't even go on, check the 12 volt fuse for it.

Bob

2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 3:27pm
2010 R-pod 172 T.  We bought it from a dealer, but honestly this was the first Rpod they had ever had! So they weren't super helpful, at least on the Q&A side.  As far as service and sales goes, Leo's Vacation Center (Gambrills, MD) was amazing! 

I'll post pictures later today, but our overhead A/C unit has a knob selection that says "OPT HEAT" and then there is an analog thermostat on the wall.  I am making a large assumption that the Heating and Air are separate units in our version.  
Brannon
08-Kia Sedona
wherestheyeast View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 3:13pm
Hmm.  What year is your pod?  I have a 2014 172T and it has a digital thermostat that controls both the roof-top a/c unit and the furnace..  Did you buy from a dealer or private party?  

I guess I wasn't much help -- I just wanted to jump in on a 172T question!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 2:58pm
Hi all, 

Another question for an R-Pod newbie.  I went to test the heating unit this weekend.  To give you some background, our R-pod has a cieling mounted Air Conditioning unit and a wall mounted heater thermostat.  I am assuming the two are not tied together via electrical.

I turned on the LP gas tank (which I just recently filled) and then pushed the thermostat up from off (all the way to the left) to about 90 degrees (all the way to the right) to see if I could generate heat.  After about 10 minutes, nothing happened. The heater vent was cool as a cucumber.  Is it possible that the analog thermostat on the wall is just broken?  If so, can it be replaced with a basic analog unit from Home depot?

Thanks in advance!
Brannon
08-Kia Sedona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12