Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp Grounds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLake Glory (near Knoebels) Campground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Glory (near Knoebels) Campground
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 3:05pm

The Good:  A good looking campground with a very impressive camp store.  The sites were very level and camp security kept people from driving too fast through the campground (something Knoebels campground has serious issues with).  The rates were reasonable considering it was mid-August and we were reserving a week before we left.

The Bad:  The staff does not enforce their own rules regarding quiet time.  There was a large group of people around site 40-46 that had a party going all weekend, complete with flood lights.  This was clearly visible from the camp store.  We could not get to sleep until well after 1am both nights we were there.  The noise was unreal.  I could not get ahold of anyone to take care of this on the phone.  I complained the first night and nothing was done about it, and the morning we checkout out I spoke to a very nasty woman who told me I should have flagged down a security person.  Better yet, how about the security person open their ears....these people were relentless. 

Trash was strewn everywhere on our site.  Capri suns, string cheese wrappers, candy bar wrappers.   Bathrooms were meh...very much like the Knoebels campground except a little cleaner and the water didn't stink.

Again, Lake Glory is a tremendous step-up from the horrible Knoebels campground, but this comparison really isn't favorable to either campground.

Jay

2014 R-Pod RP178
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewman
2008 Honda Odyssey
 Post Reply Post Reply