R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed177 Outside Shower Instal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 177 Outside Shower Instal
    Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
+1 internets.

Looks quite nice.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 2:45pm
And it looks like...

Next, in my mind, the area I was attaching to need a bit of reinforcement.. so I cut some 1/2 high quality plywood strips and secured them in place with clamps and a little silicone..

Then it was time to apply a good bead of silicone to the mounting flange of the shower box..

I then placed it in the hole, and secured it with 2" stainless #8 screws. They go through the box, the trailer and the 1/2 backing I applied around the hole..

I then ran a bead of clear silicone around the outside of the shower box to seal it.

The one and only caution I can think of is to check from the inside, the location of any wiring or gas lines etc. On our 177 there is a gas line that runs very near where I made the cut, but was clear of where I was cutting, yours may be different. (you can see it in the 3rd picture, a black line running in the lower corner)

So that's the outside, plumbing is next. I am doing it with PEX, but there are a few different ways to do it, but I have the tools, and PEX is what the factory used..
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 2:36pm
Installed an outside shower, here is a bit of a walk through for the shower itself, plumbing coming up. Plumbing is easy to do, cutting a lunch box sized hole in your pod isn't.. LOL

So, 1st I laid out where I wanted my shower to be. I decided on centered under the kitchen window. I measured down 7 inches from the window lip. Put on some tape so I could lay out my cut area and to protect the outer skin from the jigsaw base.

Next I drilled out holes to start my cuts from. I chose this placement partly because I knew there was nothing structural below the window. You can use a stud finder on your pod to make sure of yours..

Next was the actual cut.. scary, but truthfully, you already drilled 4 holes in her..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123