we had a very similar experience coming from montana
Bobi & Joan
2014 177
2012 Arctic Edition Jeep Wrangler
Paris & Plato
Terry2Cent View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 9:29pm
I knew I wanted to purchase the R-Pod 178 after studying them for a couple weeks. I called Poulsbo RV here in the Seattle area and got an impudent salesman who quoted $24,500. He said they don't discount them because they can sell all that they get - but - just because he liked me - he would cut $1,000 off as part of an "Internet Special".

Luckily, I had read some very positive comments about Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, ID. I called and spoke to Lydia (their Internet Sales Rep) and she quoted a price of $14,500 for the EXACT same 2014 model 178 - fully loaded. The 5 hour drive saved me $9,000.  When I arrived at Blue Dog, I was greeted by a concierge person and she golf-carted me out to my R-Pod. Lydia soon joined me while I was inspecting my new "Podcicle". She and their service manager went over every detail of my r-pod. I have NEVER had a more pleasurable buying experience than I had at Blue Dog RV. They have a HUGE location that's almost 3 blocks long. There was NEVER any pressure of any kind to purchase "addon's". I paid $14,500 period! I camped in it for the past two weeks and it fulfilled every dream. We had a "two-day" monsoon and the Podcicle never leaked a drop!

I felt like calling the salesman at Poulsbo RV back and telling him about my deal - but - he was so obnoxious the first time that nothing would have made him more humble. And - And - And, no, they DO NOT sell R-Pods as fast as they get them. Saved $9,000 bucks and was treated like a king by Blue Dog!
"You are NEVER lost if you don't care where you are".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123