R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat Water Filtering Mods have you made?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Water Filtering Mods have you made?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 10:24pm
I made that from a combination of parts from the RV Water Filter Store and Home Depot. The filter and gauge is from the Filter Store. I added hose bibs for attaching a long hose for random uses and another for the dog's bowl. Once the parts arrived from the Filter Store I purchased everything else locally and was able to build it in a day. Used a 1" spade bit to drill into the container. Stainless hardware as much as possible. The trickiest part was making sure I had plenty of clearance for the filter wrench so that removing/mounting the filters could be easily done; I stacked washers to assist with this. The package makes for an easy setup and takedown, it holds all the parts, and makes it easy to manage the filters between uses and off-season. The only addition I might consider at this point is a portable water softener, but at $270 not sure I want to lay down the scratch for that.
Ed, Angi, and Hunter Hagins, 2011 R-Pod 172, Montrose, Colorado
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by BagEnd

I made that from a combination of parts from the RV Water Filter Store and Home Depot. The filter and gauge is from the Filter Store. I added hose bibs for attaching a long hose for random uses and another for the dog's bowl. Once the parts arrived from the Filter Store I purchased everything else locally and was able to build it in a day. Used a 1" spade bit to drill into the container. Stainless hardware as much as possible. The trickiest part was making sure I had plenty of clearance for the filter wrench so that removing/mounting the filters could be easily done; I stacked washers to assist with this. The package makes for an easy setup and takedown, it holds all the parts, and makes it easy to manage the filters between uses and off-season. The only addition I might consider at this point is a portable water softener, but at $270 not sure I want to lay down the scratch for that.

If your SN is LOTR related, you and I are already great friends!  LOLLOL
SteveC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 8:53pm

BagEnd

That is a nice piece of work!  I actually sent the link of your pics to Richard at The RV Water Filter Store and he told me the filter and pressure regulator were ones he sold.  I had already bought a 2 stage filter so I just picked up the regulator from him...ordered it Thursday and got it Saturday.  I have some questions for you that I cannot figure out from the picture.  If you are OK wiht me calling you, please email me you phone number to schappell38@gmail.com.  I am headed to CO on 8/3/13 to visit my son who is working in Estes Park at the Stanley Hotel this summer; he is attending Johnson & Wales in Denver for their culinary program. Then I am headed back in mid-September to Gould bowhunter for Elk. Love your state! 

2014 R Pod 178
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 8:35am
One caution:  Estes Park elk are not like ones in the real wild.  Last time there a 7X7 was waiting outside the bathroom at the campgrounds and watched as I walked by ten feet away.  Another was feeding downtown on the shrubs around the bank and was ignoring the cars and people.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
BagEnd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 6:09pm
Thanks for the compliments. Sent you an email. Also, the SN is definitely LOTR/Hobbit related.
Ed, Angi, and Hunter Hagins, 2011 R-Pod 172, Montrose, Colorado
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 9:46am
Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12