Topic ClosedCamping Blogs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camping Blogs
    Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 8:17pm
I have started to get into the modern age with a blog. Sandee has suggested I start one of these in the past, so after four years of visiting National Parks and now camping I decided to start two different blogs documenting out travels.
In the past we have only camped in a tent, but VERY soon we will take Tricera-Pod on the road for more adventures.
My question here is it inappropriate for me to post my blog URL for other to follow along on our travels? Many may not care for the National Parks blog, but the separate camping blog might be of interest to folks here as I will try to give information about the campgrounds of interest and sites near by.
We like to camp in National and state parks, but if we stay in a private campground I will be documenting those stays as well.

Please let me know if this is ok to post these URL's for my blog. I am not trying to sell anything or promote one site over another, just information.
Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 12:37am
Please post as I ( and I suspect others) will not only learn from your trips but enjoy "virtually being there too"
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 3:14pm
Looks like only one person is interested so far, and given that most posts are answered pretty quick I am thinking it is ok to post my blog. So far I have two blogs, one that follows us to National and State parks and other points of interest. I have 4 years worth of stories and pictures, but I have only started with 2013. Kinda of hard to go back and post al those other parks, but I might do some of the big ones that have great camping and sites to see.
This is the URL for this one:

http://bartoncvn73.blogspot.com/ 
Sorry I do not know how ones posts a URL so you have a direct link.

The second URL is our camping blog. I only have a few so far from last year. But we will be filling this blog up this summer. With Tricera-Pod providing us all kinds of comfort it will be nice.

http://barton73.blogspot.com/ 

Hope folks like what I post.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 9:56pm
There you go, real links.  I only had the time to scan through for the titles and pics, but wow a lot of good info in there.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:22am
For the past four years we have been traveling the US, but not doing any camping until last year. So the few camp sites we have been too I tried to keep some sort of memory of the sites for future reference.
The National Parks and State Parks and other such places I could put allot more information into the blog but then each entry might be a mile long. For instance, Keweenaw NHA, the are 23 different sites to this National Park and we have been to ALL of them last summer. They include a couple MI state parks as well. Lots of places to see there. I might enter this NP since I have tons of pictures, but it was last year so I might titled the entry "retro" or something like that.
I mainly started the blog because our kids are always wondering where we are and what we are doing, so now they can follow along. Like I said in another post on this forum, we have visited 142 National Parks and too many other cool places to recall in four years. There are 401 NP's and about 50 National Trails and Heritage areas. SO we have allot of traveling to do.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 7:11pm
You have a lot of interest here - not many replies but 141 views so far.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:09am
Well it's all good. Maybe folks will read the blogs and find a new place to camp or visit. That is the idea behind the blog for me.
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
Hey Carl, fascinating info on your parks blog.  I too keep track of which park, which site, which hike is my fav for future reference. Thanks for sharing. 

BTW, as I am in the western US and most familiar with those locations I find your travels fascinating. Lastly you might want to consider posting your blog links on the Facebook RPod owners site https://www.facebook.com/groups/56931970807/ as people there often share their travels. 

Happy travels, see you on the road. 

RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:39am
Little Sweet Pea,
Thank you for the comments. I have not ventured into the world of facebook yet. Doing a blog was going way out on a limb for me. Not so computer friendly. Heck when computers first came out I was in the Navy. As a senior enlisted advisor they gave me one and I gave it to one of my divisions with 150 sailors, they only had one computer so I figured they needed more than I did. When my boss found out he was not too happy. He mentioned I would need it for my job, I said any computer work could be done by me yeoman (secretary), other than that it would be a cold day in ..... before I would use the darn thing. Two years later I found myself in Puerto Rico on an unaccompanied tour ( no family) and a computer. The first 3 months was a nightmare as far as computers. Some how I crashed mine almost every day and they fixed it. Something about giving a person a new item and NEVER giving one the tools how to operate it never sat well with me. After awhile I learned but resistant's on my part is still there.   
P.T.Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:33pm
As a new owner of a 171 we are looking forward to heading west next fall and seeing some of the great national parks. Living in eastern Maine going west is a pretty wide open area.
I love reading other peoples experiences and opinions. I have been reading this blog as we were shopping for a trailer. We spent the last 22 years in crank-up truck campers without a bathroom and as I was anticipating a long trip I decided that some amenities were in order.  I was very impressed by the rpod and finding the kind of support that is in this blog has been great.  We have dewinterized it using the information in the manuals  and are adding our own modifications in this first week we own it. 
Terrie and Peter
Oona the Aussie
2013 171
2011 Ford F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>