Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewbie to my r pod 177 - Event Date: 10 Jun 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Newbie to my r pod 177
    Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 11:02pm
I sold my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer last Thursday, bought an r pod on Friday and went camping on Saturday. My Little Guy was just a bed on wheels so I am overjoyed with everything that the r pod offers!!!!  I also used the r dome in a major rain storm. It worked wonderfully!  

Any advice on where people keep their clothes?  And where do you put your garbage can?  I just hung a bag on the bathroom door. There must be a better way.....Confused

Thanks,

Nancy
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 12:52am
We use some Sterilite plastic totes from Dollar General for our clothes, Mother Goose gets 3 and I get 2. I could probably get by with one. As far as garbage we have a small plastic garbage can that the grocery bags fit right into, so we kind of recycle the bags and just keep the can at the end of the table out of the way.    Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:54am
I use a long plastic tub type of thing with a lid for my dirty clothes and put it under my bed.  The clean stuff stays in a zippered bag.  But I'm the only one camping.  I also use a trash can that plastic grocery bags fit.  You will figure out what works for you in time.  Everyone is different.  Most of the time I go to nudist campgrounds so I don't have to pack much to wear!Big smile

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 7:04am
we have two plastic totes that fit perfectly under the bed; also have a little garbage can that fits  in between the fridge and the bench seat(re-use plastic grocery bags as well)
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:04am
a lot of the time our trash can sits in the bathroom floor so that the dogs aren't nosing through it.  over the years now that's seemed to just be a good place for it to sit until we're showering.
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:36am
For clothes, we store ours in a variety of places.  Stuff we bring with us is kept in our sports travel bags and put in the storage area under the bed (pull out in morning to get clean clothes and put dirty ones in separate pocket).  Jackets & sweatshirts are hung on multi-hooks we installed on the inside of the bathroom door so that they don't block the hallway, while hats are hung on the outside hooks.  We also have a small expandable curtain rod that we put up inside the bathroom to hang wet clothes on to dry.

For trash we have one of the expandable pop-up garbage holders that we use outside the Pod, placing it behind the door when it is open so it is out of the way.  Inside we use a small automobile plastic garbage holder that is meant to strap around a seat.  We just took the straps off and then use plastic grocery bags inside of it as our garbage bags, and it is small enough to sit nicely on the counter out of the way. 
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
Kokopod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 11:20am
Hi,  We have a 177 and love it.  Believe it or not, we also had a 5-wide Little Guy.  Moving up to the Rpod was like going to the Tajmahal, although we loved our Little Guy.

We put two canvas containers under the bed on the floor for our clothes.  We actually have them tied together at the handles like a little train so that they can both be pulled out at once (hope you know what I'm talking about-it really works well; and because we use canvas, we don't scratch the floor).  We also put two canvas containers under the door-side, under-seat storage.  We don't hang anything, although I guess you could put a spring bar up in the bathroom for hanging.  We've been gone for two weeks at a time and had plenty of room for all of our clothes.

We bought a collapsible trash can at Walmart for our trash.  We put a grocery bag in it as a liner.  Happy, happy camping.
2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k
2013 Premier 19FBPR
Formerly-2013 R-pod 177HRE
2011 Dodge Durango
Love a good road trip
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 2:33pm
We put our clothes in suitcases, and just set them on the front bench as needed, under the bed when not needed. We hang a trash bag (ex grocery bag) on a hook outside the front door..
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 4:55pm
We bought a laundry hamper in a house ware section-  maybe Target-  that perfectly accepts a 35 gallon 
trash bag.  We keep it in a corner of the r-dome, to block a cocker spaniel exit, and take the daily trash to
the dumpster each evening during the evening's final puppy walk.

If we forget to make the trip to the dumpster, the raccoons remind us in the morning.

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 5:19pm
Welcome to the world of podding! I bought two of these and use one for clean clothes and one for dirty. They fit nicely under the dinette bed which we always leave made into a bed.

http://www.containerstore.com/reviews/storage/binsBaskets/decorative?productId=10024258

Have a great time with your new Pod.
Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>