R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTowing tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towing tips
    Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Seanl

Depends on where the fresh tank is located. Mine is in front of the axle so it is no big deal if I leave some water in it. Other than the cost of hauling the extra weight. But if you tank is behind the axle then you are better running with as little water in the tank as possible so that yoiu do not take weight off of the tongue.  

^Exactly what I was going to say

I try to leave 10 gallons or so (just under 1/3 tank) in the fresh tank when travelling.  Being able to use the toilet, wash up dishes after lunch or having a quick shower after stopping somewhere for a swim are some of the benefits of having a travel trailer that I like to take advantage of.

I do find that the trailer behaves a little bit better with water in the fresh tank, but its not such a great enhancement that I'd fill the tank for the sole purpose of improving handling.  Proper hitch height, keeping the speed under 60 and adding sway control to combat sidewinds and passing trucks are much more effective.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12