Topic ClosedTRICERA-POD HOME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRICERA-POD HOME
    Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:14pm
Just returned home with Tricera-Pod. Our first drive with the new unit and all's A OK. It has been 30 or more years since I have pulled anything but the ole Titan handled Tricera-Pod like a dream. Now all I need to do is to install the brake controller and we will be ready to roll. Maybe I will spend the night in the pod while it is in the drive way just to see how everything works.
Many thanks to everyone who gave me advice. The video I found on this site provided us knowledge of what came today during our walk thru. Everyone has been great with advice and comments. I will take a picture of us on the road with Tricera-Pod. Our dealer gave us two free nights in any Virginia State park so we are hoping to do our first camping trip around Fathers Day.
Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 5:12pm
"Campground Driveway" is almost a universal recommendation before your first real outing.

Plus, it's fun!

Do pursue the brake controller with vigor, (as JFK used to say).  It is more than a good idea, it is probably
law in your State, and definitely a must.  I'm sort of surprised that your dealer allowed you to depart without one.

Mine did not....

Safe travels.

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 6:19pm
Nope he did not even mention a brake controller. I not even sure if Virginia even requires one. But I already bought the controller a few days ago but I could not find a harness for my TV. I looked at many places even another RV dealer close to our house with no luck. Our dealer had one though. So now all I have to do is hook it up, the directions are easy enough all I have to do is figure out where I want to mount the darn thing.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 7:21pm
Look carefully under the dash on the driver's side for a small multi-pin connector. Mine was tied to a larger harness. The brake controller connector has been mandated by Gvmt since early 2000s. If you can't find it it's worth a trip to your Titan dealer to ask. You may have to have a short adapter harness to go from the Titan connector to your specific brake controller. In any case it's much easier than splicing into the truck wiring. The wire colors in the harnesses are not very consistent so you could be in for grief and a lot of using a voltmeter.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 7:45pm
Are you sure your truck didn't come with one?  Many trucks with towing packages have one from the factory, and if it does know that they work well.  Check it out.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
thadd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:05pm
Check E-Trailer also because they have tons of videos of actual installations and chances are you can find one for your exact TV: http://www.etrailer.com/vm/Nissan/Titan/bc.
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:51am
Yes the connector is already in the Titan. I have located it and checked it out, I just wanted a Nissan harness connector vice splicing all the wires together. I found the harness connector at my dealer yesterday and hope to install it today. My TV manual had all the instructions to install.
Thank you for all the help.
francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 6:16pm
I'm surprised the dealer let you leave without a brake controller. Our dealer made that very clear before we even signed anything. Glad everything went okay without it. Camp Driveway is awesome! I get to go there whenever the grandkids come over and we can't go camping. They don't care and we have a great time!
Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
 Post Reply Post Reply