This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:24pm
The best fuel economy you could expect to see is around 14-15 mpg assuming you tow at 60 mph or thereabouts. That is flat ground, no wind, steady speed. There is no way around it, the air drag of the trailer is the determining factor. Fuel economy goes down from there if you are driving faster, have a headwind, climbing hills, or in stop and go traffic. You can do better if you drive slowly, are going downhill or have a tailwind, but those are rare conditions. It is what it is, really the only control you have is to relax and enjoy a leisurely pace.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Jsautee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jsautee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 8:14pm
Hello,  bought a 2017 179 Hood River Edition R-pod this summer in Colorado and drove it back here to GA.  Enjoying it so far and appreciate all the helpful comments on the forum. Thanks.Smile
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Jsautee

Hello,  bought a 2017 179 Hood River Edition R-pod this summer in Colorado and drove it back here to GA.  Enjoying it so far and appreciate all the helpful comments on the forum. Thanks.Smile

Welcome! Our first Rpod after larger travel trailers (TT) was a 179 HRE. I really liked the size, comfort, convenience of it. Dear wife (DW) missed the north south bed so we've moved on to a 195 HRE. I believe you have made a good choice! Enjoy - and visit often :-)
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
Xegavas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xegavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 6:10pm
We picked up our new 196 HRE on December 18th and pulled it 7km down the road to our storage spot and there it has sat for 3 months. Finally getting excited about using it as the weather is starting to turn and we have managed to get a couple campground reservations.

No - we didn't drive off with the safety chains dragging on the ground LOL

noatakme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote noatakme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ. Pulls the R-POD up steep gravel forest roads almost like there's nothing being towed behind it. 

Paul
RFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:18pm
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:21pm
Well my picture came out enormous, but you get the idea! 
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:29pm
WFrog, 

Welcome to the forum! You can always edit your JPG file with Paint and resize it.

Gone camping Big smile
2021 R Pod 196
kcisland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcisland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:58am
Hi all!

Bought my 2020 190 Hood River Edition last May.  After years of tent camping I decided to add some luxury to my fishing trips.  In addition I bought a new toy to haul it!  Been on 5 trips so far including Yellowstone.  I was planning on Banff in Canada or an Alaska trip but then the Covid shut things down so I stayed local.

Having a blast so far and learning a lot! 

DonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 9:27pm
Very nice! Enjoy the trips.
2019 RPod 190, Husky Center Line Hitch, Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>