This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
I am not sure what handles you are referring to but to check and find out if the tank that heats your water is full BEFORE you turn on your electric heating element, you will find this water tank (it's small, it only holds 6 gallons of water) behind a black metal door on the slide out side of the trailer below the window on the front of the trailer.  The black metal door has 2 air vents in the door. Open this door and you will find the pressure relief valve that I referred to, it should be a brass valve located near the top center of the tank, this valve has a small handle on it and it is just like the one on your tank that heats up your water in your house.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
Andyrpod190 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andyrpod190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:11am
Hi JR.

Turns out that when I pressed the purge valve no h2o came out on the outside of the camper. Called teh dealer and had to remove mattress, unscrew the luan 1/4 " plywood and turn on the inlet and outlet of the hot water tank. Now I am all set to test it!

Unrelated topic buy while I removed the plywood under the rv queen, I see the that 3/4" by 1.5" grid that supports the mattress was broken in one spot. I plan to go to the lumber yard today. What size screws can I screw into the floow of the camper under that so that it will not come through the underside of the camper?
AC
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:04pm
If you got water out of the pressure relief valve on the tank that heats the water then your good to heat up your water either electrical or via LP gas. As far as the screws I wouldn't go over 1.5 inches I think that the flooring is 2 inch but you will not get any more bite on the screws after going through the top piece of plywood which pretty thin, because under the plywood flooring is (I think) 1.5 inches of foam insulation other than the random aluminium framing in the floor. Hope this helps and you can also look up links on this forum about the construction links to the R-Pod trailers this also will help you to understand where the floor bracing will be located.     
Jay

179/2019
JimBo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimBo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:27pm
July 1st 2020.
Our first trip out with newly acquired 2019 Hood River 178.
At Entiat City Park on the Columbia River.

Jim & Bon West Coast
2019 178 Hood River 10th Anniversary Edition
Tow w/ Ford F150 5.0L V8
Monopod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Monopod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 11:38am
Our '18 176T and tow vehicle along with other paraphernalia at Lakeport, Michigan.

ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:21pm
2021 R-P 196 in Diamond Ice

2021 R Pod 196
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ricktoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:15pm
Here is our 2021 R-pod 196 with our 2019 Chevy Colorado with tow package

albikes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote albikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:18pm
Do you use a WDH when towing your rpod? It doesn't appear in the picture. If not, do you experience any problems towing your trailer w/o a WDH or even sway bars? I also you have a bike rack. Where do you keep your spare tire? In the back of your SUV? We just purchased a 2017 Rpod 178 and plan to tow with a Chrysler Town/Country van. Just driving it around town, it looks like our mileage goes from around 20 down to 10 mpg.. Do you notice a big drop when you tow your trailer? Thanks. Al
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by albikes

Do you use a WDH when towing your rpod? It doesn't appear in the picture. If not, do you experience any problems towing your trailer w/o a WDH or even sway bars? I also you have a bike rack. Where do you keep your spare tire? In the back of your SUV? We just purchased a 2017 Rpod 178 and plan to tow with a Chrysler Town/Country van. Just driving it around town, it looks like our mileage goes from around 20 down to 10 mpg.. Do you notice a big drop when you tow your trailer? Thanks. Al

Al, you'll get a variety of responses on all sides of your WDH question. All will agree on one thing, 10 mpg is not unusual. I get between 10 and 14 mpg depending on the type of highways, speeds, wind conditions, but all towing mpg's are less than non-towing. I towed a 179 with and without WDH, but preferred using one with sway control. WDH and sway control are always used on the 195 with both tow vehicles. Welcome and enjoy the Rpod experience!
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ricktoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:36pm
We got the 10K Equalizer WDH when we bought the R-pod. Read through the forums and advice from friends and they said while not always necessary it adds peace of mind and a more secure system. Very easy to attach. I just run the jack up high enough to pull the bars in near the hitch frame, put on the clips and lower it back down.
I have the spare tire on the back of the trailer. It is attached to the square metal bumper. I plan to carry the bikes in the back of the truck using a tail-gate pad. I might also put them inside the R-pod while traveling to protect them from the elements. A drop cloth will help protect the furniture.
My mileage does drop towing, but not enough experience yet to see what my towing average is.

Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 87>