This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:43am
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMywEby9UtQcum8dA

Hi all,

First post here.

We bought a 2014 182G in the spring and have taken the kids (2 & 4) weekend camping a half dozen times already. I’ve tried posting a pic of trailer and truck (2015 Colorado w/V6) along with this message... we’ll see if I did it right.

I’ve been using the forum for mod ideas and maintenance help for a few months now and I’m looking forward to being an active forum member.

I have some questions about tank issues, wall mounting with screws, curtain options etc but I’ll spend some time searching for answers and then I’ll post in the approximate place if I can’t find the info I need.

Cheers

Pres
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:48am
Ok looks like photo didn’t post, I’ll have to work on that. Any advice will be appreciated.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:15pm
You have to first upload the pic to a photo website and then link to it. Click on the little tree icon and follow the instructions there.  
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 2:07pm
Ok thanks, I managed to get that far but the Google Photos link didn’t seem to work. I’ll try a different photo site.
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:58am
Ok trying this again with my new Flickr account. I’m getting a small box on the preview page this time which is better than the text string last time but not the image I was expecting, we’ll see...
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:20am
Okay, it still did not work. How are you pasting the link? Are you using the Full Reply Editor?
Look on the icons above the box for one that looks like two overlapping squares with an arrow pointing toward the top-right. Click on that and it will take you to the Full Reply Editor. From there, look at the icons. Find the one with a little picture of a tree. That is the "Insert Image" icon. When you click on it, a dialog box will open. That is where you need to paste the link.

I self-host my images as I did not want to use an image hosting site. However, not everyone wants to (or can) set up a web server.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:18am
I’m posting the link exactly as you described. The problem may be with the way I’m copying the link from google and Flickr. Or maybe the file size? Right now the image I’m trying to post is les than 400 kB. I’ll spend some more time troubleshooting this evening maybe.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:18am
Images will not post unless they have the actual file extension of an "image". Things that work are .jpg or .png or the like. Google photos, and others don't put an extension on it so this board does not recognize it as an image.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:18pm
I tried Imgur as well with no luck. Every link I try is without an extension. Any suggestions for other photos hosting sites that have been used with success? So I don’t have to learn to host my own pics.
Prestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:55am

I think I did it! I tried again using the Imgur app and it added the .jpeg extension today, whereas yesterday it didn’t for some reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 87>