This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mlusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 9:53am
Good morning, my wife and I are picking up a new R-POD 180. We have a Santa FE, This is our first tow trailer and I am asking about any sway issues? Do you recommend a sway control? Thank you Mitchell
Lazy Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lazy Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 10:07am
Yes ,for the swaybar. We have a Dodge ram 1500 and use an equalizer swaybar. Love it and works wonders.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by mlusa

Good morning, my wife and I are picking up a new R-POD 180. We have a Santa FE, This is our first tow trailer and I am asking about any sway issues? Do you recommend a sway control? Thank you Mitchell

Your dealer should recommend an equalization hitch with sway control. It is good advice. We have an Equal-i-zer 4-way sway control hitch. It wasn't cheap, but I would not tow our R-Pod 179 without it. There are other, equally good hitches out there. Does your Santa Fe have the factory tow preparation package? You will need an electrical brake controller as well. Your Santa Fe appears to be like my Escape in one respect. It is not pre-wired for one.

E-Trailer has a good selection of controllers. We got the Hopkins InSIGHT Flex-Mount Trailer Brake Controller as it allowed me to mount the parts where I could best see and reach them.

http://www.etrailer.com/bc-2016_Hyundai_Santa+Fe.htm

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/index.php
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mlusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mlusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 10:14am
Thank you , is that the brand name Equalizer? I spoke with a rep from Hensley yesterday and almost dropped down dead with his price of $1600.
mlusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mlusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 11:04am
Good morning and thank you for the info. I had the hitch and brake control installed after the purchase. I have been trying to educate my self and thought " let me go to other R-pod owners for advice. I now have to decide which sway control, to purchase.
podrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote podrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 4:03pm

Capitol Reef National Park October 2015
2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
luvmorgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote luvmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ladykay64

2016 R Pod 180 and 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.....Can't wait for our maiden voyage and Yellowstone in June...

HI there! I have a jeep wrangler sport unlimited 4wd, manual soft top....I was curious how things went for you on. Your maiden voyage?!
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by mlusa

Good morning and thank you for the info. I had the hitch and brake control installed after the purchase. I have been trying to educate my self and thought " let me go to other R-pod owners for advice. I now have to decide which sway control, to purchase.

Are you taking about the hitch receiver on the tow vehicle or the hitch itself? If it is the hitch, what type of hitch is it? Is it a hitch that does weight equalization or just a simple hitch like one can pick up at Wal-Mart?

The Equal-i-zer 4-way sway control hitch I use was installed by the R-Pod dealer when I picked up the R-Pod. It needs to be adjusted for the TV and trailer. Since it has sway control built-in, I don't need a separate device for sway control. This hitch cost over $700 installed which isn't cheap, but it is worth the money to keep us safe.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
grand beaver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote grand beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 12:56pm

2014 F150 w/3.5 Ecoboost, Fastway E2/600 tied to a 2016 RPod HRE 179. We are gonna tear up Central and Eastern Oregon come spring!!
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 2:07pm
Nice set up!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 87>