Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 87>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:20am
Our 2015 R-pod Pittsburgh,Pa

Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
Frenchie pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Frenchie pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 9:32pm
That's beautiful... Wish our pod came with those decals
Dan & Fawn
French bulldogs
Buggaboo, 3
Bob 1
2015-178HR
Lillypad178 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lillypad178 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 11:13am
Glen and michaels lillypad
BerryMt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BerryMt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:19pm
Hello- we are hoping to purchase the Rpod 179.  Has anyone pulled this with a 2004Toyota Tocoma-V6 TRD. it has 4 wheel drive.  We can install heavy duty rears shocks, transmission cooler and braker controller. Any input would be gladly accepted.  We loved the features of the Rpod and hope we can bring this dream to a reality!  Thanks

BerryMt
CharlieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CharlieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by BerryMt

Hello- we are hoping to purchase the Rpod 179.  Has anyone pulled this with a 2004Toyota Tocoma-V6 TRD. it has 4 wheel drive.  We can install heavy duty rears shocks, transmission cooler and braker controller. Any input would be gladly accepted.  We loved the features of the Rpod and hope we can bring this dream to a reality!  Thanks

Should be no problem. I currently tow a Camplite 21RBS with a 2013 4WD Tacoma. The CL weighs about 1000# more than the 179. Although I have the TRD supercharger on mine, that is because I spend a lot of time in the Colorado mountains. The stock Tacoma will pull your 179 fine, but maybe not climb that hill as fast. I recommend the Takonsha P3 brake controller and some way to monitor transmission fluid temperature such as ScanGauge.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
BerryMt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BerryMt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:56pm
Thanks for the info.  We hope to purchase this fall and do a few small break in trips close to home. I am glad they have this site..such good info all in one place!  Thanks again,
BerryMt
Lillypad178 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lillypad178 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:15pm
Glen and michaels lillypad
jeeperic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeeperic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by AdventuR-Pod

"Hey" from Canada to all you "podders".  We've now owned our 2015 -177 R-Pod for six weeks and have almost covered Vancouver Island (where we live).  Now excited about exploring new country, south of the border and across our beautiful country.Loving it so far.  Created quite a stir at one campground, everyone noticing our colorful vehicles !  We installed dual batteries and a solar panel on the roof so we can stay off the grid.  Anyone looking for ideas on heading our way please let us know.  Adventuring on !      Dave & Carol

Hello, fellow Canadian!
We just towed our 'Pod home from Edmonton. The Jeep didn't like it so much, but I'm sure they will quickly become friends and we'll have many great adventures together. Looking forward to exploring BC this fall - around the Jasper / Valemount area.
I'll give a wave when I see you!
Cheers -
Eric

That button at the top of the remote?
That's the power button..press it.
Turn it all off.
Go outside!

'14 RPod 171
'09 Jeep Wrangler JK (mine)
'14 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (hers)
rickincambridge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rickincambridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:56pm
I'm considering a Model 179. I have a 2011 Ford Explorer with a towing package. Do I need anti-sway bars and a different hitch installed? The R Pod dealer says I should have them.
rickincambridge
rickincambridge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rickincambridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:58pm
I've got a 2011 Ford Explorer with a towing package and 6,800 pound towing capacity. Do I need anti-sway bars and a different hitch installed like the R Pod dealer recommended?
rickincambridge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 87>