This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:48am
Same on mine. All the rpods we looked at in BC had them already installed. Looks cool and I like them so far, but don't know how long they'll last. Seem to do okay on the highway.
RPOD 172 HRE & Ridgeline
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:36pm
I guess I don't understand the need for traction lugs on trailer tires. I would think they would wear faster on pavement and not give any extra on dirt.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:02pm
WARNING- TOTALLY USELESS POST.

Some would believe that it would give you more traction with braking on dirt or muddy roads and may also keep the trailer from sliding. I really have no idea what I'm talking about but they sure look kick a$$. And if they do wear out fast, I'll probably look for another pair just like them. Also, if u put the two trailers next to each other, one with mud tires and one without. I'm pretty sure most would say that mine could beat up the one without.
Cheers
Probably could be put in a new thread.
RPOD 172 HRE & Ridgeline
Kickstart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kickstart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:47pm
I had thought that I had read somewhere that the HRE's came w/15"LT tires. Thanks to our Canadian contingent for affirming that. Regular older Pods like mine come with 14" ST's. There is a pretty widespread argument on many RV sites about replacing ST's with LT's on travel trailers. It seems that many if not most ST's are now produced in China, and lots of people have been concerned with quality problems that have shown up with these ST tires.  

I'm going to replace my Pod tires next year before our huge Pod trip, and have been deliberating on which way to go. I'm sure interested in hearing from our BC buddies, and any other HRE owners about how their LT's are wearing and towing. I've read that Maxxis ST's are one of the few brands that maintain a good rep. Therefore, right now Maxxis or LT'S are what I'm considering. Advice?   
'10 RP 175-Replaced by 2014 Kodiak 173 QBSL
'12 Toyota Tundra
'05 Sportster (half a Harley)
Retired-We're on Beach Time!
qayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote qayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by bakes99

WARNING- TOTALLY USELESS POST.

Some would believe that it would give you more traction with braking on dirt or muddy roads and may also keep the trailer from sliding. I really have no idea what I'm talking about but they sure look kick a$$. And if they do wear out fast, I'll probably look for another pair just like them. Also, if u put the two trailers next to each other, one with mud tires and one without. I'm pretty sure most would say that mine could beat up the one without.

There are several benefits to the LT tires:

1) They look totally kick a$$.

2) People stop and stare at those kick a$$ tires.

3) Sometimes they tell me and my wife, Brenda, that our trailer is cute but those tires are kick a$$.

4) My brother thought the tires were kick a$$ when he saw them.

5) As did my sister, "KICK A$$!" she said.

6) When my grandson is old enough to talk, I bet he will say they are kick a$$ too.

Any other benefit, real, or imagined, is just icing on the cake.
Ian & Brenda
R-Pod 177
2002 Nissan Xterra Supercharged
bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 1:09am
"6) When my grandson is old enough to talk, I bet he will say they are kick a$$ too."
This was my favourite. Most kick a$$ post ever.

RPOD 172 HRE & Ridgeline

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 8:42am
It is clear to me now. Thanks I think.
Keith-N-Dar
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 9:32am
Hey, hey, keep those comments coming! This tire thread kicks a$$!
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 12:55pm
Why Sailor, I never knew you were a bad a$$!
Keith-N-Dar
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by bakes99

Same on mine. All the rpods we looked at in BC had them already installed. Looks cool and I like them so far, but don't know how long they'll last. Seem to do okay on the highway.

I think those tires look great, but I am curious about one thing.  Do they tend to throw more mud on the sides of the pod?  I was wondering if mud flaps might be a good idea.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 87>