R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSchematic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schematic
    Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:06pm
Is there an electrical schematic for the r-pod.?

There seems not to be a lot on this little rig for the owner who wants to know about systems. Are they just wanting us to leave them alone and let our dealer take care of it. The hubby just feels he likes to know what makes it tick. ME,, I just want it to WORK and camp.lol
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:07pm
Not that I know of... the electrical system is pretty crude though and pretty easily traced. Is there a particular issue you're having? I could probably draw something up for a particular area...
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:25pm
Each model is laid out different..

But it's basic stuff. Open whatever compartment is above the power distribution box.. have a look.
Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:48pm
found this somewhere, not the detail you probably want but gives a concept of what is tied to what.

Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:40am
I have worked on my 2009 171 Rpod and also a 2013 171 Rpod (doing Mods for another owner now) and have the wiring to be run different. Easier way is as Furpod stated is start opening up as needed. You could try contacting Forest River to see if the have one for your year and model they would release. Is there something your husband is trying to run? They do try to have the dealers do the work on them and the dealers try not giving that information out.
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:08am
I bet that two rpods of the same model built on a different day (or a different person) will be wired differently LOL

The fundamentals are all the same though. 
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:33am
The hubby just wants to KNOW things. He does not plan to get in and rearrange. His engineering back ground plus his years of flying and being a male, he wants in the KNOW. LOL
And we say all the time, what ever day or hour your Pod was built, the one before and the one after will be different depending what hand dipped into the parts area. We found 3 different kind of screw heads on our Pod for instance. The box schematic sketch may have done the trick, but it will come up again, I KNOW. My power distribution box is under the seat in dining area. I understand the dealer not wanting it to be messed with. All RV's , no matter the size or make, are screwy. Before buying our first motorhome years ago we traveled up to the factory and the husband crawled under one on the SHOWROOM floor. He did the same in a factory tour at BMW in Munich. The Germans are less tolerant if you get out of the marked path! So when asked, he has to KNOW.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by mountain mist

The hubby just wants to KNOW things. He does not plan to get in and rearrange. His engineering back ground plus his years of flying and being a male, he wants in the KNOW. LOL

I understand because I'm the same way... so I just poke around and get to know everything. In the 171 if you take a look under the bench (on the kitchen side), beneath the bed, under the fridge, and under the kitchen counter you'll see just about everything. The door side of the 171 is pretty electrically empty except markers, porch light, and thermostat.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:58pm
Assuming the 171 is wired a lot like a 177.. if you look under the documents hanger in the bedroom, you will find a large access panel.. inside is the shower plumbing. and the wiring to the outside outlet and porch light and the "up and back" cabling for the TV antenna..

But again.. it's so simple you really don't need much documentation.. nothing in there is going more than 10 feet from where it started. I have trouble shot a circuit with my DMM from a sitting position to the outlet and back to the box..
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:07am
Travel trailers really don't have wiring harnesses that standardize the electrical runs. Trailers are built like houses and there is some flexibility for the crew in installation details.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>