Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grill suggestions
    Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Jody

You got a grill with your pod?   We didn't but were never told that we would.  What kind of grill came with your pod

kymooses has a "G" model, they come with an out doors kitchen..

We still use our little Smokey Joe Weber for grilling, 40 year old Coleman 2 burn white gas stove for most cooking.. (as it should be)

Last weekend there was a couple a few sites over with a folding Hibachi Grill.. I liked it. Very compact when folded.

Like This.

Our old weber is great, but it is pretty tall.. Just sits so the slide can come in over it when traveling. But the folding deal could go under the trailer..

BTW, on some of the RV parts sites, you can buy a hanging propane grill and the attachment piece.. Would just need to add a line to feed it.

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by Jody

You got a grill with your pod?   We didn't but were never told that we would.  What kind of grill came with your pod

kymooses has a "G" model, they come with an out doors kitchen..

We still use our little Smokey Joe Weber for grilling, 40 year old Coleman 2 burn white gas stove for most cooking.. (as it should be)

Last weekend there was a couple a few sites over with a folding Hibachi Grill.. I liked it. Very compact when folded.

Like This.

Our old weber is great, but it is pretty tall.. Just sits so the slide can come in over it when traveling. But the folding deal could go under the trailer..

BTW, on some of the RV parts sites, you can buy a hanging propane grill and the attachment piece.. Would just need to add a line to feed it.

They aren't just coming with the G models are they?  I thought there were with all the newer models these days.

Either way it's nothing impressive.  I might have 1 more season with it before it rusts completely apart.

@Furpod did you have any trouble with your hyperlink?  Mine haven't worked when I've tried submitting them.  Was wondering if it was a Google Chrome issue.  
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 10:33pm
The only one I know of that came with one is the G.. hyperlink worked fine.. remembered to remove the double http// that this forum tries to add on?

From the current brochure:

R•pod's rear garage models
with outside entertainment
center lets you enjoy the
great outdoors. Each garage
model comes standard
with a 19" flat screen TV, (2)
marine grade speakers with
tweeters, and a free standing
gas grill.
Perfect for your next
tail gate or camping trip. In
addition, each garage model
is equipped with the exclusive
Versa-Trac TM sliding storage
system with removable wire
baskets and hooks for all your
camping needs. There are
also cargo storage nets and
an adjustable hanging pocket
organizer. The built in sink
with 15' detachable sprayer
hose and deep well storage
with cover makes clean up a
breeze. R•pod, freedom to go
anywhere.
HAVE
FUN.
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:42am
We have a 20+ year old 2-burner propane Coleman stove that we use for most of our standard cooking, and we set that up on one end of the picnic table to cook outside with.  That is supplemented with a $15 WallyWorld small round charcoal grill for doing steaks, foil packets, etc.  And of course our cast iron for cooking on/around the fire.  But we are not adverse to cooking inside on the stove top when it is really ugly outside, and we use the micro/conv oven a lot as well.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 3:53pm
I bought a Broil King Porta-Chef six years ago when we had the popup and its still going strong.  Its a healthy 14,000 BTUs and has its own legs and I love BBQing on it.  It breaks down into its own bag in two minutes and I store it under the dinette seat in the pod.  It also sees regular winter use for tailgating when the gang goes snowboarding.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 6:20pm
I have the coleman with a grill and burner; love it; plenty of space to grill for two; make my coffee  in morning so I don't have to wake pam up; I think around $75; easy storage; only down side it just isn't charcoal but I guess more environmentally friendly(but then you have the container waste)
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Rugby8 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 10:54am
We have just finished our first rpod 176t camping trip. We LOVE it. 4 kids (2 mine 2 neices) my loving wife and our puppy. We found that the rdome did have water co ing down in drips, but figured out that it was condensation from us, leave a cross breeze and that sorts ou the condensation problem.

2013 grand caravan
2010 176t pod
Wife, 2 boys, and golden retriever. Can life get any better
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:16pm

As someone who likes to cook, smoke, fry, etc. I would check out the BTU rating of each burner.  Many of the grills only have 10,000 BTU's (British Thermal Units).  The larger ones have up to 15,000 BTU's which heats water faster for boiling and cooking.  Of course you can also get a free standing one or two burner setups that have about 30,000 BTU's each for that deep fryer for the turkey or any other large and fast cooking needs.  They can be purchased for about $100 for a double at most discount stores.  We have a 40 year old Coleman white gas stove and a Weber portable for steaks.  Safe Travels.

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Jody View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:32am
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  We ended up getting a coleman gas grill to set on the picinc table.  It's working great.  We recieved as a gift about 7 christmas's ago a small charcoal grill from Breakstone.  small compact yet when fully opened both sides can grill....  starting to show some wear now but if I could find another one would in a heartbeat. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12