Topic ClosedLove Our 2012 177HRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Goody2Shz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love Our 2012 177HRE
    Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:03pm
We purchased our r-Pod from some really nice folks (we are the third owners). We live in Washington state. They live in Montana. We bought the pod in January, but could not go get it until this past week. The weather in the mountain passes was too sketchy and unpredictable. They were kind enough to leave it parked on their property until we could get there. Like I said...really nice people.

We drove straight through to Montana, arriving late in the evening. We got a room, slept, then went to pick up our new toy. We got a really good tour of the trailer, pointers, a survival kit for the road (bag of snacks, water, etc.), and felt like we had some new friends.

On the way home, we realized we were thoroughly exhausted and shouldn't attempt to get all the way back in one day. We could have gotten another hotel room, then thought...hey, we have a bedroom attached to our vehicle. We don't need no stinkin' hotel room. What we ended up doing was stopping at a Wal-Mart for the night. There were a dozen other RVs in the parking lot. It was actually quite the fun adventure. I'm sure not all Wal-Marts are as safe, interesting, and fun as the one we stopped at, but I wouldn't hesitate to try another one under the same circumstances.

There is only one problem I have right now--trying to find out the brand of the totally awesome memory foam mattress that is in our r-Pod. I would REALLY like to have the same mattress for my bed in the house. I have a bad back (surgery in June 2010), and I have never slept on a better mattress. The people we bought from are trying to find out for me from the person they bought from. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can find the same mattress here in Washington.

Love the forums...however, they can be a rabbit hole! I've been here for HOURS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12