Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWaste Disposal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waste Disposal
    Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:44pm
I have the 1910 176 R-Pod with Pop-out kitchen and bunks.   As a woman, camping alone, I grew tired of always switching from grey water to black waste disposal.   I had a 'Y' installed, and combined the two.   Now I'm having trouble with my black tank not emptying properly.    It backs up, like it's full, and then, suddenly, it subsides.   Q:   I'm wondering whether my new setup has creating something of a 'vapor lock'?   Is that possible??   I can live with it, but... it's weird.    I'm wondering how the rest of you R-Pod owners are handling this situation.   
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 1:57am
I dont know what the problem could be, but at that vintage the pipes may be clogged. LOLLOL 

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 11:47am
Where did you put the wye? Of the people I have known to have redone the plumbing to a single dump point none have seemed to have a problem.

Can you post a picture of how your exterior plumbing looks now? Where are the gate valves? did they move them?

If the gate valves are still where the factory put them, and they are closed, and the "full-burp-not" thing is going on right at the "input area".. then my guess would be you have a bit of a partial obstruction just below that point, where the pipe goes into the holding tank.. Only one way to know for sure, and of course that is the only way to clear it..

Welcome to RV plumbing fun 101.

If that is indeed the case, after clearing, use more water when flushing, and eat more fiber. Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 2:03pm
I agree...a picture would help a lot.  I almost sounds like the tanks are "equalizing".  This is a "practice" intentionally used by some, with single outlets, to gain more space in their gray tanks.  They manipulate the valves (with the main cap ON) to allow gray water to enter the black tank.  Since black tanks usually don't fill up quickly and gray ones do, this "transfer of liquids" will run from the fuller gray tank to the less full black tank.  Since water always seeks to be level, the flow stops when the 2 tanks are of equal volume ("equalized").

But, all I'm doing is just guessing, at this point.
Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:46pm
Will see about getting a photo on.   I think you may have nailed my problem (I did at one point forget to close the valve after emptying grrrrrrr.   As for your "fiber" tip LOL... I'm still laughing!!   Thanks!
Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:47pm
Thanks for the input.   It all sounds a bit technical to me at this point, but will take it under advisement.   I do appreciate hearing from you.    
Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 4:17pm
Yeah, well... my thinking is that there are some things a woman should not be doing alone, and... camping may be one of them!Wink
Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:03pm
As for your wolf... it's my favorite kind of (German Shepherd) dog!   You can be sure that, unless I were a morning person, I would totally avail myself of this very intelligent species.   Unfortunately, my schedule... and that of most dogs... does not compute.   Oh well... life itself is a tradeoff.   I, as a malingerer, do intend to 'rise to the top' in the world to come.Ermm    
Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:05pm
How 'young' ARE YOU??Ying Yang
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:45pm
If you have a convenient way to do it, it might be worth the effort to put 10 or so gallons of plain water in the black tank and let it all out at once.  That should clear out anything slowing things down. 

Does the black tank have a straight shot out past the wye?

TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>