R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue
    Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 6:49pm
I have.  The pic on their site is Sloggers 182g.
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:20am
Hey gang, it sounds like we have had similar experiences. We too, ordered our visor in February, got it about April, while the r-pod was still under it's cover. (we have a 181G) When we tried to install in May, we found it was too short and one side wouldn't stay up. Talked to Mike and he confirmed it was too short, promised to make it right, so we returned it. In June we got the second visor, it was about 10" longer, but still too short to keep both sides up. Sent a picture, took measurements, and offered suggestions to Mike. This week we got the third visor, still too short, 145", even though I specifically asked Mike to make it 190" long. (total length of the track) We still have visor #2, I've asked several time how they want it returned with no response. I give up, the visor will stay up with absolutely no wind, but the slightest breeze drops one side. (r-pod looks like a pirate with an eye patch) Now I have two visors, neither of which is satisfactory, I'm waiting for them to contact me, I'm done "chasing" a solution. All in all, I would suggest we all stay away from PahaQue and their dubious products and slow service.
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 1:04pm
Sounds like they sent you the one they originally manufactured for the t@b.

It's a small business and I know that their customer service used to be really good (back in the Thor-manufactured t@b days).  Perhaps because they are the only game in town now for the t@b and are swamped with orders?

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:33pm
No matter what the reason might be.  Legit or not, I too think it might be a good place to stay away from.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:55pm
Thank you to everyone for the feedback.  I ordered the Visor from PahaQue - however - it was too small and would not stay up (which is why I asked if anyone had gotten one for the longer R-Pods).  I immediately contacted PahaQue utilizing their online chat and had a very positive conversation with the person on the other end.  Of course, this was on a Friday - but first thing Monday morning I received a phone call with the promise that a new longer Visor would be sent out by the end of the week.  It was.  But, it was again too small.  I am not sure, but I feel they are still trying to find a length of Visor that will work with the longer models.  Regardless, after sending an email to let them know the problem - and that I was going to return the Visor and wait to decide what to do next - I recevied a prompt reply apologizing for the "fiasco".  I have to say in defense of PahaQue - they have been very timely in their response, have sincerely tried to make my order work and the customer services has been exceptional.  I would not hesitate to order from them again based on this experience -- AS LONG AS -- I could be assured the Visor would fit and not collapse.  What I really wish is that Forest River would come up with an alternate awning to the R-Dome that would work with the R-Pods - something that would provide shade and  protection without the "full room" look of the dome.  Anyway, I wanted to share my experience and assure anyone interested -- that although I did not end up with their product in the end -- I was happy overall with their service.

RRL
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:13pm
I'm not saying they weren't "timely" or sincere with their e-mail responses, I'm saying they don't listen to their customers and the reaction time (4+ months) in solving their problems isn't what I expect. I would be more than happy to pay the additional cost for the extra large 190" visor I requested. I've never issued an ultimatum or deadline, and have repeated my desire for a visor that worked.
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:29pm

The four month turn around is definately not acceptable.  I was lucky and only had to wait three weeks.  (I did email them a couple of times to check on delivery :)  My expectation would be that if they have had numerous issues with the length of the Visor not fitting newer models - they probably need to be more specific on their order form (Model #, length of trailer, track size, etc).  There is enough variation now in R-pod sizes that more questions need to be asked.  On my latest return, I was asked how much track was left on each side of the Visor?  If you are requesting one that is 190" than that takes away the guess work for sure!  If you ever receive a product that is satisfactory - I would really like to hear how you like it (and also see pictures!)  All I heard from my family is that it looked like a giant broken pringle :)  I see the potential -- but they need to have consistency in what they are sending.  Again, I appreciate your feedback - it truly helps in making educated decisions. 

"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:02pm
I'm sorry I had to bust the bubble but it appears I'm not the only one out money and no product to show for it.  Anyone that has one take a look at your poles.  Make sure you do not have metal tips on them but rubber tips.  If the pole slips out of the pocket it will rub and scratch your camper.  i had a web chat with Jeff "one of the owners" and I'm waiting to see if he is a man of his word and follow through with what he told me in the chat.  My camper is is a 2009 Rpod 171 with the smaller Track.  I never even got it on the camper before it ripped - I was just testing the pole.  I'm back to square one looking to see what I can come up with.  < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:09pm
I received mine in March, tested the ketter size in my channel to ensure right fit and placed back in box.

Due to many reasons, this year I haven't camped until last weekend.

Tried to put up my new visor.  Won't stay up!

Now I am reading why.  Just emailed them.

Frustrated. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:31am
PahaQue r.pod visor revisited:

August 7-11 I was camping in western Pennsylvania, we had 3 days of rain, and as you may have guessed the new 150" visor wouldn't stay up, with any slight breeze, it did it's impression of a pirate with an eye patch. I found it's even worse when it is wet. I guess it's the extra weight of the water absorbed by the fabric did it. Even though nylon doesn't absorb much water, it was enough.

When I returned I wrote back to Mike Greaves at PahaQue. Yesterday I got an e-mail response from Mike, he wrote that he will make me a 190" (total length of the track) visor and have it shipped this week. I'm hoping for the best, I've said time and again how much I like the concept. I will update the forum as to just how well it (190" visor) works.
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>