R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue
    Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:02pm
I know my update has been a long time coming but, the latest visor for my 181G is finally here!

After several e-mails from Mike about the size, we settled on a 170" visor. The track was a total of 190" long, but the rod wouldn't support the dry weight of a visor that long. I'm sure a wet day would be a "challenge".

The visor came on Friday the 4th and it rained on Saturday so we couldn't try it until today, Sunday.

We have found it is easiest to put the rod all the way through the visor, then put it in the track. After installation the visor worked just as promised! It stayed up, even if I pulled one side down, it "popped" right back up.      It even "needs" the hold down cords so it doesn't go too high! The visor covers both the window openings, so we can leave them open in a light shower.

So, in closing I would buy a visor from Paha Que without hesitation, just specify a 170" visor for the 181,182, or 178, in other words all with a 18' coach. For the shorter units, I think a 158" would be the right call.
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

I'm working with a VERY Local Company (less than 5 miles from my home) on a design that we feel just may work.  They are willing to working on it as trial and error.  I will post if we get it to work out. 

I have lost faith in PahaQue as the one of the Owners Jeff will not follow through with what he says.  He told me he would do something and did nothing..... 

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:39pm
I'm working with a VERY Local Company (less than 5 miles from my home) on a design that we feel just may work.  They are willing to working on it as trial and error.  I will post if we get it to work out.  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
sammycamper,
We had an r.dome and sold it. As we have a 181G, we do all our camping in the back of our 'pod at the "garage", we had no use for a room on the side. From what I've seen, they do quite well in inclement weather, just as long as you don't try to erect it on a windy day.

rpodcamper.com,
I've been back and forth with Mike since February, he has always responded. I will admit to doing a little "prodding" and they don't seem to "deliver" on their promises in what I would consider "a timely manner", but maybe that is because they are an entire continent away. In his defense, he has ultimately followed through on his commitments each time.

What I'm hoping for is a working visor which can be used as a pattern for subsequent r.pod visors. If we know that they simply will not work unless they are the full length of the track or have at least 18" of "drop", or whatever, we will have a starting point for any future units. Then maybe we won't have to go through all the trial, error, and frustration.
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
Please don't get your hopes up too high as I had promises from both Mile and Jeff which they NEVER FOLLOWED through with.  I just took the lost as I was unable to do a charge back on my credit card and they know that.  < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
sammycamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:56am
I look forward to your update, Old and Mrs Dingo. I really would like this visor thing to work. We got our Pod in October of last year, and really have not had a good weather outing with it yet. The first was the best weather, because it was just October cold; but the Pod hadn't been weather sealed properly at the factory, and we couldn't keep it warm. Our dealer took care of that problem, but every trip since has been dominated by nasty weather. However, the rDome has impressed us every time. The first time, we were just impressed by its size and versatility. On another trip, we camped through multiple serious downpours. The Pod itself is kind of a nice experience in hard rain, because it feels like such a cozy wrap-around protection from the storm. The rDome, though, was amazing. We leave our dogs in crates under the Dome, and they stayed nice and dry in spite of the extremely heavy rainfall all around them. On another trip, it absolutely saved the dogs and us from the most mosquito infested weekend we have experienced in years, plus lots of drizzle. The netting doesn't appear to be no-see-um proof; but it sure does the trick for the bugs we experienced. On the most recent trip, the Dome withstood amazingly strong and relentless winds for 3 days and 2 nights. That particularly surprised me, because it seems like I'm trying to stack a house of cards when I'm putting the Dome up. Once everything's in place, though, it's a remarkable shelter (I'm knocking on wood here).

None-the-less, the will be occasions when we just don't have the time or will to setup the Dome. I think a visor extending the full length of the track would be an awesome solution for those situations. It would seem to me that running the full length of the track would add more stability to the visor than the shorter version; so I'm anxious to read your next report. If they ever get it right, I hope they can keep it affordable.

Sam
2012 rPod 173
2008 Trailblazer 4WD V6

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:31am
PahaQue r.pod visor revisited:

August 7-11 I was camping in western Pennsylvania, we had 3 days of rain, and as you may have guessed the new 150" visor wouldn't stay up, with any slight breeze, it did it's impression of a pirate with an eye patch. I found it's even worse when it is wet. I guess it's the extra weight of the water absorbed by the fabric did it. Even though nylon doesn't absorb much water, it was enough.

When I returned I wrote back to Mike Greaves at PahaQue. Yesterday I got an e-mail response from Mike, he wrote that he will make me a 190" (total length of the track) visor and have it shipped this week. I'm hoping for the best, I've said time and again how much I like the concept. I will update the forum as to just how well it (190" visor) works.
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:09pm
I received mine in March, tested the ketter size in my channel to ensure right fit and placed back in box.

Due to many reasons, this year I haven't camped until last weekend.

Tried to put up my new visor.  Won't stay up!

Now I am reading why.  Just emailed them.

Frustrated. 
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:02pm
I'm sorry I had to bust the bubble but it appears I'm not the only one out money and no product to show for it.  Anyone that has one take a look at your poles.  Make sure you do not have metal tips on them but rubber tips.  If the pole slips out of the pocket it will rub and scratch your camper.  i had a web chat with Jeff "one of the owners" and I'm waiting to see if he is a man of his word and follow through with what he told me in the chat.  My camper is is a 2009 Rpod 171 with the smaller Track.  I never even got it on the camper before it ripped - I was just testing the pole.  I'm back to square one looking to see what I can come up with.  < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:29pm

The four month turn around is definately not acceptable.  I was lucky and only had to wait three weeks.  (I did email them a couple of times to check on delivery :)  My expectation would be that if they have had numerous issues with the length of the Visor not fitting newer models - they probably need to be more specific on their order form (Model #, length of trailer, track size, etc).  There is enough variation now in R-pod sizes that more questions need to be asked.  On my latest return, I was asked how much track was left on each side of the Visor?  If you are requesting one that is 190" than that takes away the guess work for sure!  If you ever receive a product that is satisfactory - I would really like to hear how you like it (and also see pictures!)  All I heard from my family is that it looked like a giant broken pringle :)  I see the potential -- but they need to have consistency in what they are sending.  Again, I appreciate your feedback - it truly helps in making educated decisions. 

"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>