Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJust starting!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AVLFrank View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just starting!
    Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:14pm
Hello fellow Podders!  Having just visited a RV show here in Asheville, NC, i think we have officially gotten the bug!  Or perhaps i shoud say frog?  Anyway, we have tent camped for several years and are ready to take the leap into camper camping.  It's just 2 adults, 1 child and 2 dogs and i thought the RPod would be a good way to get started.  I like the weight and design, though i have never towed anything before.  So since we are just "looking" at this point, i thought i would ask all of you knowledgeable podders a few questions!

1) Anyone tow with a Mazda CX9?  Its an AWD and has a towing capacity of 3500, so i think we are within range.  When deciding on tow weight, i imagine I add the camper weight + hitch?  What about battery and propane tanks?  Since we were looking at the 182-G i bet it could heavy in a hurry.

2) What sort of hitch would your recommend?  Is there a specific ball size?  My vehicle is tow ready but lacks a hitch.

3) When dry camping, how long would you guess the propane would last when it is running the fridge and heat?  Does the a/c work off the propane? 

4) Does the microwave work off the battery?  How long does the battery typically last?  Does it automatically recharge when plugged in?

5) Has anyone looked at the MPG?  (or is that a forum violation?!)

Thanks for any feedback!

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12