Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation in Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation in Ohio
    Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 8:40am
They're supposed to have the lowest prices for the R-Pod, however they're far enough from me that I had never considered buying from them.  Support your local businesses and see if there's a dealer closer to you.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
barefoot14 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 8:57am
We have a new local dealer, two hours away, we met them yesterday and they are great! If we decide to go with the R-Pod, we hope to work out something with them. They are very excited about adding the R-Pod to their inventory and I told them about this forum.
k4fcp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:33pm
So far, I have had the same experience as Alex and Mariae.  They have responded, usually within hours, to all of my emails.  I've also called them and always got a quick, direct reply to my questions.  I'm picking my 177 up on Jan 26 and I'll let you know how that goes.  So far they've been great though.
Rich
2013 R-177
2013 Ford F 150 4X4
(yeah, bought a new truck)!
tsunami123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:40am
I bought my Pod from Couch's 2 years ago.  At the time...they had a great Autumn discounted deal...with add-on accessories (R-Dome, etc.) included.  There was only one Pod dealer within 200 miles of my home.  And that dealer absolutely refused to discount the MSRP! So I bought from Couch's.  I was unable to drive to Ohio to pick it up.  They had it delivered to my home...the driver checked on the wheels/brakes/appliances.  It did cost $1/mile for the delivery but even with that cost...I saved more than $3000 from what my 'local' dealer wanted.  Since then two more Pod dealers have opened up...one only a 20 minute drive from me.  They did the spoiler install with 'professional' results.
The new dealer had larger Pod's on the lot and was willing to match Couch's prices! But I am so satisfied with my smaller Pod that I turned down his offer.
But I am going to have all of my service done his shop...he said he would honor my extended FR warranty if I needed it.
So...check around...there are competent and competitive dealers.
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 6:03pm
We found a unit at Couch's just like the one on our local dealer's lot. They matched Couch's price. A  bit of difference due to delivery charges and license fees, but only a couple hundred bucks total. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm
They are very nice people we worked with both them and the local dealer. But went with the local folks although couple thousand more but would have local service. In the end the offered to to cover the cost of the gas to come from TX to pick it up. They have a big advantage because they are right down the road from the factory.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
k4fcp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:49am
Couch's Nightmare!!!

I just purchased my 177 from Couch's on Saturday,. January 26.  My "local" dealer is three hours away so I went with Couch's.  About two hours after we left the dealership the trailer lights were no longer working.

We notified Couch's of our problem and they basically said too bad and they wouldn't help us out with anything to get them fixed.  No "We're sorry that happened", nothing except I was told that I didn't even "pay to have them connected".  Luckily I do carry emergency tow lights and was able to hook those up to get home.

When I got home, I found a ground wire that was over paint and rust...fixed it and the lights worked for 10 minutes. My truck wiring was fine, but every time I connected it to their converter the problems started. I later called them to tell them they may have a problem with their 4 flat to 7 connector and they told me to contact Forest River. Apparently, they could care less about the safety issues involved!!  Luckily, I've been towing trailers for  over 30 years, but this could result in severe consequences for someone less experienced or even me.  I really don't see how they stay in business with this attitude, not to mention the legal ramifications they can incur.

Bottom line is I wouldn't get near Couch's at any price!!!!!!!   Am I being too picky?
Rich
2013 R-177
2013 Ford F 150 4X4
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 12:09am
Sorry to hear you had issues with your new camper.  It was good you were prepared as you were bringing it home.  Does your tow Vehicle only have a Flat 4 on it?  Do you have a trailer brake?
k4fcp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 2:03pm
It only had a 4 pin flat on it, but Couch's said no problem.  We thought we were getting brakes hooked up as Couch's said they would take care of all the hook ups and we knew that Ohio law requires  brakes on all trailers over 2,000lbs.  We should have been more specific and asked if the brakes were going to be hooked up. I'm actually surprised they didn't ask us if we wanted to get a brake controller, then we would have known, but we would be spending even more money getting that corrected as well. I've never had a trailer with brakes, so I didn't know to look for a controller.  We've had a Casita for over 10 years and are "spoiled" by their service and professionalism.  So now we know!  What's odd is that for a couple of buck ($10-20) we certainly understand that stuff happens and would have been happy. We were totally taken by surprise at Couch's attitude, from a liability standpoint alone.  Yes we are having the trailer correctly wired up and controller installed.  Thanks for the question, but I will have to say that it really ruined the happy feeling of a new camper.  We are hoping that this is not the norm for Forest River Delaers.
Rich
2013 R-177
2013 Ford F 150 4X4
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:14pm
They are not at all like the my dealer here in Adamstown Pa  (Stoltzfus RV) has been great to deal with.  It is very strange they let you leave with no brake controller hooked up.  But also glad to hear that you are working on getting one hooked up.  Don't let this sour you on the New Camper feeling!  Your right off the Skyline drive and have some great camping there so get and enjoy the camper.  We are here to help with any questions you may have.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>