Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation in Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hairy Podders View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation in Ohio
    Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 10:06am
We bought our 178 on March 29th from Couch's. Over Memorial Day weekend the propane regulator started leaking profusely. On Tuesday I called our local Forest River dealer(who does not sell Rpods)to see about getting this fixed. She said that she would check on it & call me back. No call. So I called the next day, all the while being very nice, both days. She said that I didn't buy from them , so it would be 3 weeks till they could look at it & 30 days after that till they could get a regulator". So I emailed Brannon @ Couch's & told him my tale of woe at 8PM. He responded within 10 minutes. We emailed back & forth for a bit. The next morning he texted me that he had shipped out a new regulator. I received the regulator the next afternoon! I changed it that evening & no more leaks.
I just wanted to point out that Couch's isn't just in business to sell campers & gave me service "above & beyond".
Many Thanks to Brannon & Couch's RV Nation.
Darryl, Julie & Lindsey
Cooper & Libby- Devoted Canines
2014 RP178
2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
ahefner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 5:30pm
I had plans to buy near where I live. But the local dealer just couldn't come close. Had they been within a few hundred dollars I would have purchased locally. Couches was a 700+ mile drive for me.
2014 rPod 178
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
CyberShanks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 5:28pm
Good to hear, I'm buying elsewhere as I said above.  Probably just caught the guy on a bad day..

Jim
ahefner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 5:20pm
The only person that seemed a bit off at Couch's was the paperwork lady in the back. She just seemed a bit rude but I believe that is more of her personality rather than trying to be rude. Everyone one else including the service tech in the shop, to Ray the sales man, and Jeff Couch himself was very pleasing to work with. No issues what so ever. They were able to sell me a fully loaded rPod for about 4000 less than what the local dealers best price on a barely equipped model.
2014 rPod 178
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
CyberShanks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 2:51pm
Anyone ever have a pushy experience from them?  I believe I started off on the wrong foot, maybe they are just having a bad day.  But in the end, I am glad I'm buying elsewhere, even if it costs a few hundred more..

I initially hit their website for a price quote to ensure the dealer I'm visiting on Saturday was in spec.  I had already made a deposit on an 176T R-Pod, have financing approved and squared away with them and everything. 

They seem to want to downtalk other dealers saying that they cannot get the same deals and act like price is everything.  It is over 8 hours of a drive for me to goto them in Ohio and just a tad over 2 hours to head to Omaha.  The dealer I'm working with also has a location in Iowa that's even closer but doesn't have any of the R-Pods in stock there.

I just don't like pushy sales people.

Jim
Newsguy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 12:46pm
This is an excerpt from something I posted earlier today that deals specifically with the excellent buying experience we had at Couch RV Nation.  It's worth repeating on this string:
We live 40 miles from Couch, so selecting a dealership was a no-brainer.  Other dealers would say they would meet their price, but somehow always came up short.  I had read a couple of posts that suggested some type of negative experience associated with Couch.  I never look to make a new friend when buying something a lot of people carry--I'm shopping price, so that was my only expectation.  However, the guys at Couch, from my sales guy Brian Scruggs to Brian in Service far exceeded my expectations.  The sales experience was pleasant and no-nonsense.  The price is what it is (the lowest), and they made some minor concessions beyond that.  What hit it out of the park on our end is what they did after the Pod was delivered.  As soon as we hooked up, the brakes locked on the Pod.  We unplugged and then drove back to the Service area. The guys there had vehicles waiting to be delivered, installing tow wiring, etc, but they immediately began troubleshooting our issue (wait to hear what they found!).  Initial testing determined the fault was not in the Pod...it had to be something from the hitch forward.  Our TV is the new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with tow package, and outside out of factory specs, I could find nothing on the web about anyone who had actual towing experience with this vehicle.  The vehicle debuted last September and no one seemed to know much about it.
Even though, the Service guys at Couch quickly knew the trailer they sold me was not the issue, they dogged the problem until they found the solution.  Brian in service didn't assume anything, so he began to test every component installed.  I had purchased a Tekonsha controller with the appropriate Tekonsha wiring harness from Amazon.  It turns out the hot and ground wires on the Tekonsha harness were reversed from the factory!  Brian learned this from a Tekonsha service rep he contacted on the phone. So, when I plugged in the controller, it sent 12V to the brakes. They re-wired the plug and everything worked fine.  Props to Couch!
Ram 1500
5.7L V-8 Hemi
2015 R-Pod 179
bodie55 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 12:54am
There is a mark up on the HRE.  We opted to make the drive (from San Francisco) to buy an east of the rockies version because the price was THAT much lower, even with travel expenses.  Plus, it gave us a chance to see the country along the way and show our kids an America they've never seen.  I've had great customer service with them since the purchase.  They're great to work with!
Bay Area Crew
2013 178 Beach Pod
F-150 SuperCrew
...sempre in viaggio sul mare...
ahefner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 11:40am
Just got back from Couch's and I have to say they were great to deal with. Ray was very friendly and always answered his phone even on the days they were closed. Jeff Couch was there and I was able to meet him as well. He was very friendly as well. I did learn that the reason the prices are so good is that they are a wholesaler and deal in volume sales. 
danielppd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 5:48pm
I did, thanks. Interestingly, Blue Dog offers a lifetime warranty (as long as you do the service through an authorized service center). Any idea whether this is actually worthwhile or just a selling point that costs you more than it's worth?
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 11:36pm
Danielppd,

Did you try Blue Dog RV yet? Call and ask for Lydia, she is the Rpod Queen there.
Cary
2014 RP-177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>