R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew R-Pod "Visor" Awning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New R-Pod "Visor" Awning
    Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:39pm
I've seen several posts recently about the "Visor" that PahaQue is making for the T@B campers. Well   ...I'v been working with PahaQue to redesign that little "Visor" so that it would be a better fit for our R-Pods. The final design was just completed and here are the first pics of my 177 with the visor attached. I would have said something earlier but had promised the PahaQue designers that I wouldn't spill the beans until we knew for sure it would work.

For those of you who thing you might want one of these, contact PahaQue directly. I have nothing to do with the commercial aspect (ordering or shipping" of the Visor. All I can tell you is   ...we're REALLY happy with our and only wish it wasn't snowing so that we could use it.

'Slogger

Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:22pm
That is very cool!  They have it listed on their website for sale already at $269.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:36pm
Very Nice!  I see they used your R-pod in the Catalog Picture.  how does it fold up?  Are they aware of the 2 different c Chanels used on the models?  Did you happen to talk to them about a cover also?

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

Very Nice!  I see they used your R-pod in the Catalog Picture.  how does it fold up?  Are they aware of the 2 different c Chanels used on the models?  Did you happen to talk to them about a cover also?

Guess I should have fully read the site first:

The R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Designed to provide shade and shelter when you need it. Quickly and easily attaches to the awning rail on the side of trailer.

Color Choices - silver with trim color choices of red, yellow, blue, green, orange and black.

Comes complete with carry bag, one fiberglass pole, and guylines. Waterproof. Size - 7.5' x 5'. 200D Polyester with waterproofing and UV inhibitor coatings. Lifetime Warranty

IMPORTANT NOTE - Forest River used two sizes of awning rail on the R-Pod trailers. Older models may have a smaller awning rail that has an inside diameter of .40" (10mm). Newer models have the larger, .563" (14mm) inside diameter rail. A quick way to tell is if your rail appears to have an inside diamter larger then 1/2", you have the newer, larger rail. If you are not sure, just give us a call toll-free at 888.700.TENT (8368) and we will help determine your awning rail size.
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 12:29am
Nice, I will be ordering one.  Thanks 'Slogger for pushing the envelope. 
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 3:39am
   That is really neat, and the door opens all the way.
     Great job!!!!!! Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 8:38am
I see one in our future too!  Thanks.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:09am
Update: Just ordered a Pod Visor...
the website does not yet list the options of narrow versus wide rail nor the color option for the edge trim.
You need to call them at their 888 number and let them know which rail size you need and the color trim.
Then when you order through their website...they will already have the info needed when they process the order. They are willing to do the full order by phone...but the website is so convenient for placing the order (name/address/credit card#, etc.) that I used the website after giving the gentleman the rail size and trim color.

Their customer service stated that the website page has only been up for about 24 hours, not complete yet. So if you want to order immediately, please bear with them as they get it going.
They were pleasantly surprised that orders are already coming in this morning. They even asked me which forum this is...which generated requests so fast.
TIDALWAVE
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 10:09am
It looks nice, however I feel it should have been designed to be a bit wider.  It looks like a couple feet of track on each side are being wasted, whereas the awning could have been a bit wider on each side.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 12:21pm
I think they wanted it to be able to fit the older obsolete R-150 models also. It fits my 150 model. "One size fits all" concept to decrease the number of sizes they would have to sew. This is a new start up design...and I am sure that they don't want to make too many sizes that may not sell.
TIDALWAVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>