Topic ClosedPrivate vs Public Campgrounds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private vs Public Campgrounds
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mountain mist

I mostly camp near by (when I can get out) in Elkmont, National Park. No hook ups, bathrooms , running cold water, nice little concession that includes firewood since we can not bring wood inCry.
The view is fantastic, large spaces, not packed next to one another. Looks like what David does.
Reasonable regulations. $20 dollars a night, $23 if you have river site. With my senior pass I get it for $10 nightly. Camp hosts until 29-31 October. honor system for month of November, just one part of campground open then, first come , first serve.

Gads!!! I've been discovered!

This time last week, I was at Elkmont - Great Smoky Mts.  No wonder it looked familiar to you.  I was at site A-14 the second half of the week.  Saturday thru Tuesday (before), I was on the other side of the river, in site L-15 (I think).

The 2 above pictures are A-14, as are the 2 below.....

It's a nice site with a stream running thru the back.  There are large trees on both sides of the "entry", so be careful backing up folks! 

Every year, I swear I'll not go back to Elkmont because of the traffic and crowds but...........

mountain mist View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 5:50pm
small world isn't it.   I camped many times at A13, tent at that time. could walk back under large trees and set up my painting with the sound of the small creek, at non river prices!
I have done a few on A 18, nothing remarkable, cross from bath, level, easy for me to back in. sorta
Have never camped on that end across the river, have done so when you go over bridge and go right.

I was out there then, walking my puppy! 
I emptied my fresh water tank, cleared the faucets and checked on black and grey water today. I am going even it it gets really cold. With our weather here in Burg going to be 28, it will no doubt be colder at Elkmont. But not in day time.

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123