R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFly Specks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly Specks
    Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 1:39pm
After a lot of testing of a lot of bug-tar remover products...I found that laying an absorbent material over the Pod and keeping it wet with a garden hose for a couple of hours will usually soften the 'bug juice' enough so that the bug-tar liquid will finally lift the spots off.  I set up a lawn sprinkler to gently spray an old bed sheet laid on the Pod. 
TIDALWAVE
Paige View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 9:08pm
Well after days of rain,,the RPod was thoroughly soaked. I went out armed with my newly purchased bottle of Soft Scrub and HOORAY! the Soft Scrub worked! Yes it still took elbow grease, but nowhere near as much as before. Instead of spending four hours on one side,m I did the whole RPod in under an hour! The only thing the soap would not take care of was the pine pitch that we got on the RPod during the NE Roundup. So tomorrow I figure out what solvent will work on that. Then I plan on waxing the RPod so well that flies will just slide off it! Take that, you regurgitating flies! Thank you for all your suggestions. I will be sure to cover up the rPod during the early cool fall when flies are looking for a warm sunny surface.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12