FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeveral 12volt outlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Several 12volt outlets
    Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Paige

Hi,Thanks for getting back to me so soon! I really appreciate it.  We have yet to head out in the RPod as we live on a lake and it is too nice in the summer to leave it.  So we are busy doing modifications.  After owning several previous RV's, we know what we use and don't use when we go camping.  Having the 12 volt, will help us go off the grid for a couple of days.  Thanks again!

==================

I should mention that the CPAP unit I use for camping/travelling is smaller and draws less power. It is made by ProBasics and called the "Zzz-PAP". I bought it on-line at CPAP.com. Here is the link to the site/unit.

http://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine/probasics-zzz-pap-silent-traveler-cpap-machine.html

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:55pm
2nd battery is an easy mod on a new trailer.. and will instantly double your "off grid" capabilities..
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by furpod

2nd battery is an easy mod on a new trailer.. and will instantly double your "off grid" capabilities..

=============================

Was either going to go that route or a generator - - bit the bullet and got the generator. Our single Group 27 (Interstate Deep Cell) was already gettingg us through 3 days of camping and with the generator to top it off now and then I think we're set. Not sure what the second battery would do for us specifically. Plus the generator gives us more flexibility. Only downside is    ...you've got to feed it gas !!

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Footslogger03

Not sure what the second battery would do for us specifically. Plus the generator gives us more flexibility. Only downside is    ...you've got to feed it gas !!

'Slogger

the second battery would allow you to go 6 days instead of three.. The generator allows you to go longer, as long as you have gas. With a second battery, you would literally use half as much gas in the genny over time, because you would store twice as much energy, while charging in the same amount of time.. (both batteries charge at the same time)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12