R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStorage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Burt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storage
    Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:21pm
Greetings from 2 new pod owners.  We have purchased a 171 Hood River edition and I have already made some changes.  We haven't even de-winterized yet but are going out next week on maiden voyage.

Great news for you all...The Home Depot "Homer" buckets fit perfectly under the mattress lift up!!!  They are also a very inexpensive way to make an LED light for under your RDOME.  I purchased HD's 18 foot LED light "rope," put it inside a homer bucket coiled inside a plastic vinegar jug to diffuse the led lights and left the cord sticking out and plan to use it for outdoor lighting later when we make our maiden voyage.  The HD buckets also  also nestle nicely together and have handles for any other use needed while camping.  Hoses and cords coils nicelyin them.

Other news, I took out the screw fasteners in the covers over the Hot water tank and over the inverter.  There were no hinges on these covers.  I installed magnetic cabinet closers on all four corners to make easy access and also cut a finger hole into the plywood to make an easy entrance/closing.

Additionally, Installed LED's interior throughout and have on order led marker lights as well as the porch light.

Burt, Laura the White Tornado and Buddy the Wonder Dog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12