R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSink Plumbing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sink Plumbing
    Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:13am
CryA while ago, my best friend moved into his new home: 4,000 sq. ft and highest quality interior.  The laundry room is located next to the kitchen.  The plumbers 'forgot' to use PVC cement on the washer drain pipes. When his wife did the very first load of clothes, soapy water exploded all over the laundry room, in the wall and poured out of the wall onto the kitchen floor.
When I received my new Pod, I went over the plumbing.  The P-trap under the sink had never been screwed onto the drain pipe.  The pump hose clamps were not even finger tight. just slipped onto
the pump hoses. I opened every door and drawer and tightened a lot of loose screws.
The sink and shower outlets were clogged with debris when first used. FR apparently never actually runs water through the plumbing to see if the fittings have been tightened.
Just assume that your dumb brother-in-law put your Pod together and proceed from there.
TIDALWAVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12