Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCannibalism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannibalism
    Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 2:14pm
We picked up our NEW 2011 Pod 171, it sat on dealers lot over a year. Marked down to "a steal" price. Perfect for our needs. Then we discovered all sorts of missing parts and pieces! Dealers tech. Admitted to cannibalizing parts to get bigger units out the door! Now we are waiting for replacement parts. The thing that's ticking us off most is the dealers attitude!"I just want to see tail lights leaving my lot".We've delayed shake down trip waiting for parts only to discover they "forgot" to order them! Just be sure to do a complete walk through,inside and out, BEFORE taking delivery.Ouch
Fun,travel,adventure
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 2:53pm

Get your money back.  Tell them to find some other suckers. 

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 4:18pm
So you understood the unit to be fully functional, then found parts missing upon delivery?

Please share this story, including dealer's name, in the "dealer review" section. 

I agree with the previous poster, get your money back, then show them another set of taillights leaving the lot - yours.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by HuronSailor

So you understood the unit to be fully functional, then found parts missing upon delivery?

Please share this story, including dealer's name, in the "dealer review" section. 

I agree with the previous poster, get your money back, then show them another set of taillights leaving the lot - yours.

The other approach is demand a deeper discount for your time, inconvenience, and forbearance. 
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by elko.mike

Originally posted by HuronSailor

The other approach is demand a deeper discount for your time, inconvenience, and forbearance. 

I agree with Huron but, if you want to be nice, go for the discounts. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 10:05pm
Welcome.  If they do not come through soon you should consider filing in small claims court.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by 4peapod

We picked up our NEW 2011 Pod 171, it sat on dealers lot over a year. Marked down to "a steal" price. Perfect for our needs. Then we discovered all sorts of missing parts and pieces! Dealers tech. Admitted to cannibalizing parts to get bigger units out the door! Now we are waiting for replacement parts. The thing that's ticking us off most is the dealers attitude!"I just want to see tail lights leaving my lot".We've delayed shake down trip waiting for parts only to discover they "forgot" to order them! Just be sure to do a complete walk through,inside and out, BEFORE taking delivery.Ouch

Tell them to stick it up their................................. and take it back and refund your money.  You should also let other know the dealer's name so they can avoid the place or at least be aware of their deceptive pratices.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:27am
1) Is that "Rineyville KY" in your location? If so, PM me..

2) if it is.. my guess is you bought the last one on the lot from a dealer between here and the 'ville, correct?

They are a very good dealership according to everyone I have talked too, and that's is where we got ours. And we have been completely happy.

But, while $%^# happens.. it shouldn't in this case. I am willing to bet they make it right, no problems. When we picked ours up, we had a complete walk through, shown, operated all systems, even installed and removed the dome. We were there 3-4 hours easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply