Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCamping Without Compromise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camping Without Compromise
    Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:18pm
Furpod, what is your poison, I do 1, maybe 2 cups of coffee when Poddin, Donna likes Black Tea, I have been getting these little tear open packs of instant coffee, but they don't taste very good, I need to find a small compact fresh coffee maker. I grind fresh at home, I may buy one of those old time coffee pots that you put fresh ground in and put all the guts in it, throw it on the stove a a low boil and let her cook, anyone have any suggestions.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by dsmiths

Furpod, what is your poison, I do 1, maybe 2 cups of coffee when Poddin, Donna likes Black Tea, I have been getting these little tear open packs of instant coffee, but they don't taste very good, I need to find a small compact fresh coffee maker. I grind fresh at home, I may buy one of those old time coffee pots that you put fresh ground in and put all the guts in it, throw it on the stove a a low boil and let her cook, anyone have any suggestions.

Cocoa. Or just plain old H2O.. I very rarely drink anything caffeinated.

Wild Cherry Pepsi is my nemesis.. Wink A couple times a month, while out running errands, I will stop at the last C-Store on the way to the house, get a 20oz, drink about 1/4 of it, and give the rest to Sue when I get home.

I was raised in a non caffeine household.. Just never developed a taste for coffee, and some tea smells good but tastes like warm water.. so.. I just drink water.

It was a non-alcohol household also..

I got over that. Big smile

Likes me a sip or two of bourbon I do..

But I never use it for a kick-start in the mornings.

Anymore. LOL

Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:14am
Dane,
I use a 4-cup (read 2 mug)coffee maker - the filterbasket type. 20 bucks or less at the big box store. Works great. It sits in the corner behind the stove and doesn't say much. I grind my own beans too, so I make sure to bring a canister of fresh ground along. I made a small shelf to go over the fender (have to photo and post it one day) and set it up outside in the AM so I don't wake my sleeping beauties!
They use a T-fal hot pot for their tea water (although they say the tap water gets hot enongh to brew a tea bag!!)
Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12