R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOpened her up Today !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opened her up Today !
    Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:34pm
Weather looks good for the next several days so I went ahead and pulled off the cover and opened up the Pod today. Great to get the windows open, vent raised and fan on - - great airing out !! Still have some "de-winterizing" to do but if the weather holds that won't take long.

I finished off the mod on under the dinette seat that makes about 3/4 of the space into storage instead of "dead space".

Can't wait to take it on a shake down trip in May.

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 10:15pm
Me to Slogger, I have dewinterized, installed the lift kit, but when the weather is good, Donna and I have "crap" going on, when we have a weekend free the temp drops to the 50's and then it rains and the skies are grey, I don't care within the next week or two I am going out come H### or Hi water. I can dress warm and walk some trails, Do some outside cookin, fish, whatever, I got the get the heck out of town blues.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:45am
You said it , Smiths!  We have decided to go out in a week and uncovered our Gastropod yesterday.  I made the bed and we charged up the battery. Then we ate our supper out there just to celebrate. The summer weather we had yesterday just egged us on.
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:57am
I dewinterized, too.  However, I had taken a short cut when I winterized (pumped antifreeze throughout from the potable water tank), and now I have a little tiny leak under the corner sink in the bathroom.  Everything else is fine - no other leaks.  At least it will drip into the shower pan.  But that's what I get for not doing it properly.  But shoot fire - NOW I have to find someone else to fix that leak!  Live and learn - the hard way . . .
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply