Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Podder 182-G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Podder 182-G
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 1:46am
  Welcome, so far the need for risers has not been an issue with us......yet.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 2:35am
We have the Hood River Edition of the 182G (only version available out here in the West) which comes standard with the risers. So glad we have them - they have saved us from dragging tail on many occasions, especially on the dirt backroads. I would say definitely get the risers; worth every penny!
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 8:54pm
Posting here and Pod-Nation...

Finally...picked up the PackR-Pod today. Very nice. 

Questions if I may...I received a camper 101 starter kit from the dealer.  Pretty much useless.  The sewer hose is junk.  What is the best sewer drain kit one can grab at Camper World etc. that you would recommend?  Length...is 15‘ long enough for most campgrounds?  

If you have a 182g....the dealer told me to travel with the TV mounted inside.  20-miles home and the TV swung around, was out of position etc.  I asked 3x doesnt it just stay in the back and use the cable tie down?  They insisted inside.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for the advice.

X
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 12:13am
While researching for our new Rpod someone suggested getting a longer pipe holder istalled.  I purchased a 60" Super Tube from D&W Inc.  for $25 plus shipping of $54.07.  Very long package.  In any event it will hold(I am told) the Camco Rhino Flex with connectors installed.  The Rhino Flex will extend to 15'.  Some have had problems with the shorter one supplied by your dealer.  I asked our dealer to include the labor of installing it in our purchase price, with a larger Optima D27M battery and a few other miscellaneous items.  The Camco can also be purchased from Amazon.  Good luck and good camping.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
2Poders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 8:01am
Welcome. We also have 182g and risers. My husband installed the risers in one afternoon  lowered the fenders as well as filled the original holes. It looks better. The weather has been so nice I wished we could be camping but nothing in open just yet.
Randy and Anne
2011 R-Pod 182G
2009 Highlander V6 AWD
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Racer|X|

If you have a 182g....the dealer told me to travel with the TV mounted inside.  20-miles home and the TV swung around, was out of position etc.  I asked 3x doesnt it just stay in the back and use the cable tie down?  They insisted inside.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for the advice.

X

My dealer told me just the opposite - to travel with the TV in the garage area. I don't think they really know.Ouch
I decided to travel with the TV inside - much safer and not exposed to as much heat, cold, etc. - but realized that there was no way of securing it down. So I took the straps off the garage area and screwed them into the wood frame around the inside TV area. That kept it from swinging around, but not from bouncing up and down (TV does not rest on the bottom of the frame, but about 6 inches above it), so I found some packing styrofoam and cut out a block that will fit in between the bottom of the TV and the frame. Viola! No more swaying or bouncing!Thumbs Up

Hope this helps!
GV
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
Good idea...thanks.

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12