R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPod Cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pod Cover
    Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 7:15pm
I have a factory pod cover for our RP-172, rain is heading toward Southern Indiana, Donna and I attempted to put in on in a light wind, after much gnashing of teeth, and watching it slide off as she watched it hit the ground she finally went in the house.  I rolled it out weather side up, rolled from the back to the center, and then from the front to the center, bunge corded each end, climbed a ladder tossed it over the center right at the a.c. Rolled out the front first, then the back and had it on in 5 minutes, tied it down, opened the fantastic fan opening about 1/8 of an inch, turned fan off, plan to watch during the winter for any signs of mildew.  May have to crack the windows if I see problems.  I plan on cooking on the convection oven some during the winter to learn how to use it. Any one have tips on the Factory cover, problems ?
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:19pm
No help here about the factory cover.  All you need to do now is crack a window a little bit.  With just 1 opening the air can't flow/circulate.   You shouldn't have any problems with mildew then.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Tripod girls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 5:11pm
Sorry you had problems with the cover.  I bought the Northern Tool version and with help from Dad--he on a ladder and I on the opposite side with a painters pole were able to get it on in about 15mins.  I also cracked the "bedroom" window and the vent in bath ceiling to allow circulation.  I opened many cabinet doors, refer door and have a small ceramic heater on low.  I am hoping with all of the precautions taken I will not have mold/mildew issues in the spring. 
I made cupcakes in the convection oven a month ago...pretty good and is fun to play with as I have never cooked with this type of oven before.  It is making me think of all the great food to make in spring.
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot
drpilot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 12:48pm
I am a newbie and in anticipation of needing a cover for my new Pod, purchased the Northern Tool cover. Now I find out that since I live in Florida with heat & humidity levels, I should not use the cover. If anyone has the need for this "still in the box" cover, it is for sale at one half price.
Contact me at 352.728.5616.
Gary C
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 4:36pm
We Floridians need a cover, in some ways, more than most people.  The suns rays hit more directly down here than in most parts of the country.  As long as you open a window some and open the vent in the bathroom ceiling you will be fine.  Just don't cover it and close it up tight.

Terry

BTW: you shouldn't post your phone number in a public forum.  Have people ask for it in a PM.
manrocker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:26pm
Hallo,my question is ,where can i buy the pod cover ,I have a new 177 ,live in Florida and would like to cover the pod on my long overseas trips,Thank you very much m
Manrocker Kh6rp
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 7:40pm
BlueAudi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 1:10pm
Thank you Terry for posting that!  Our dealer was trying to sell us a cover for a horse trailer for over $200!!  They said there isn't anything made specifically for an r-pod. 

The clearance link doesn't show anything, but I searched "rv cover" and it comes up.

Thanks again!!!
Blue
2012 RP-177, 'Poddy Mouth'
'07 FJ Cruiser
turncoat3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:14pm
I purchased my cover for the 177 from Northern tool and I am very satisfied with the ease on covering and the material construction.
Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
Rabbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 12:18am
I am trading in a 2011 172 for a 2012 r pod 177.  My cover came from Forest River, $400 ouch, and fit great.  I never thought about the mold issues.  We live in Mountain, Wi where normally the weather is cold.  Not this year.  I also ordered axle risers.  Any comments on those or the 177 in general?
RW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>