Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTexas TMS Camping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas TMS Camping
    Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 12:29pm
I'm thinking about going to one of these. Any thoughts on the activities there? I've heard it's kid friendly (I have a 2 1/2 yr oldl boy). But at night it gets rowdy.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've never been to a nascar race before so I have no clue.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:49pm
I am a racing fan but, swore off going to them long ago.

You would likely be OK but, remember you will be placing yourself in the middle of thousands of people; a significant percentage of which are in the process of (or have completed) embalming themselves.  Some come to see a race, others to be "festive" and likely don't even remember anything about a "race".

I've not been to Texas Motor Speedway, so I can't speak from experience.  I am a former LEO who had the pleasure of of working the riot team back in the haydays of the Indy 500 "snakepit".  My views may be a bit jaundiced by these pleasant memories LOL.  I do understand that the race crowds have become a bit more subued over the years and the NASCAR crowd is a bit more behaved.

So, my opinion is.....I don't know what to advise...other than, if you do go, take some hearing/ear protection (espescially for the little one).  If memory serves, TMS is a mile and and a half oval and it will be plenty loud with 43 cars on the track.  Good luck! 
 Post Reply Post Reply