R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTV Surround Sound Setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Surround Sound Setup
    Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 1:13pm
I use my laptop to watch movies. I hook up the HDMI cable and watch AVI files on my laptop. The problem is the avi files are compressed so the sound is faint. It isn't an issue at home since I have my tv hooked up to a 1000 watt stereo system. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get better sound out of my TV? I've tried hooking up a simple laptop speaker but that doesn't produce enough sound.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 4:32pm
Welcome to the group! Smile

I wish I could help, but I have not experimented with such.  I'm confident someone here will know, however.
travellite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:27am
Try using car stereo stuff. Get a car stereo power amp, an adapter cable (mini stereo to dual RCA) and whatever speakers you like. The amp runs on 12 volts so you can wire it directly to the battery. Should work.
OR - if you're good at installing stuff, you could even install a complete car stereo in the rpod somewhere that has an AUX input and connect the aux input to your computer. Plus you'll have AM/FM/CD/ ipod(?) Sirius radio, etc depending on the stereo unit.
Nature heals. Nature redeems,
sfish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:20am
Some of the newer surround sound units are very small I would look into one of those and hide the speaker wires then you would have great sound. The prices have really come down on them as well.
sjf
 Post Reply Post Reply