Topic ClosedSuperbrightleds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superbrightleds
    Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:55pm
http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2102&title=superbrightleds
Personally, I like them.  They seem to be roughly as bright as the OEM 7 watt incandescent bulbs.  I purchased the "warm white" bulbs.  Their light is a very white light - like an office florescent fixture - when compared to the incandescent bulbs.  I just ordered 4 more - for 2 more fixtures; over the kitchen sink and the bathroom.  The 2 already purchased, I installed over the dinette.  The fixture is about 3 to 3 and 1/2 feet above the table and I had no trouble reading with the amount of light.  These 3 fixtures are plenty for my dry camping needs. 

IMHO, if you're thinking of this sort of thing, take THEIR advise and order one or two - to make sure you like them.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 6:30pm
I wonder how they would compare to some of the "cheap" units on e-bay?  I have been looking at something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Light-Panel-36-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-/300596316284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcefc87c
TheDogHouse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:55pm
I have a flat panel like the one you posted that I purchased off of eBay, I believe it was $3.99. I used double sided tape and placed it in the outdoor amber light, it works very well. I also purchased replacement bulbs for all of the interior lights, those being either 62 or 64 led's each, very impressed with the amount of light they create. I purchased 12 of those bulbs for about $40.00 off of eBay. I plan to do some boon docking next spring, this should really extend the battery use.
Steve and Rosa
11' 173T
09' Silverado Extended Cab
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 7:22am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

I wonder how they would compare to some of the "cheap" units on e-bay?  I have been looking at something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Light-Panel-36-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-/300596316284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcefc87c

Wow....$1 each sounds too good to be true.  But, on the other hand, not much lost if you don't like them.  If you get some, let us know what you think. 

I would need a total of 15 "bulbs" to do all my interior fixtures (now - just 9).  The 3 fixtures that I mentioned are about the only ones I use.  But, if they work (and at that price) I'd change out the others just for the heck of it.  It would be interesting to know the power consumption.  The ones I bought use 150 milliamps each and put off a white light...no blue tint.  At .3 amps per fixture, I don't think I even need to worry about running the batteries down.  If memory serves, the propane detector uses more than double that @ .75 amps.

Doghouse....do you have a link to the ones you bought?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 9:23am
David,
Looks like he's upped his price some since I purchased them back in early summer, and I was mistaken on the bulbs they are actually 68 LED's. You could always contact the seller and ask about discounts on a larger quantity. Wink
Steve and Rosa
11' 173T
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 9:20pm
I'm really on the fence with buying LED bulbs.  Could someone do a photo comparison of the incandescent verses the LED?  Perhaps a photo side-by-side comparison, perhaps in the same photo?  Thanks.
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 8:10pm
Here are a few shots of the 68 LED bulbs in comparison to the standard bulb.

Here is a shot with only LED's

Lastly the amber outdoor light with the 42 LED rectangular panel

Steve and Rosa
11' 173T
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 9:36pm
Wow, that outside bulb is bright.  You can even see it lit in the daylight.  Thank you very much for posting these pics.  Smile
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
pentachris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:38am
Seemed like a decent deal for a decent light, so I bought him out (6 pairs). Can't wait to get them. Thanks for the pix - that was the deal maker.
Grayotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 6:02pm
Guess when we get too much of a good thing, we also have to complain about it. I probably have the double 64 led lites in my new 179. 4 sets of double = 128 LEDs. Two lites over the sink are half size with 64 LEDs. Occasionally we use these half lights as the others are too bright! Mostly we use the bathroom light, which might be an older model. It's much dimmer and easier on our eyes. How about adjustable led lights? Then we could all be pleased.
Love2 1der
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>