R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 2:23pm
Below are letters sent from Forest River to the NHTSA Dated December 22, 2010 and December 14, 2010

uploads/431/forest_river_letters.pdf

When I read The December 14, 2010 letter it stated it was recalling 100 percent of the trailers.  But the December 22, 2010 they start saying it cost too much.

Take a look at the letters.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 2:28pm
I have talked with my selling dealer's Service Department and he was surprised to hear about it.  He has no news and asked me to keep him posted. This was Stolzfus RV's
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 2:39pm
Hey that is great, thanks for posting the letter. I think I will take this to my dealer and see if he can get the kit. I may well pay them to put it on. Clark
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 4:03pm
Again, tell your friends.  Tell your friends not to purchase a FR product because of this.  How dare they brush us 2400+ families under the rug like that, just because it's "too expensive" to fix what should have never been.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:09pm
I started to think that the 1 million price tag was a lot of money but started thinking 2,741 trailers times lets say $10,000 that they sold for (Just a number being thrown out there as that number would change per the unit) equals $27,410,000.  Yes that is right just a bit over 27  million dollars. or the roughly $380 it cost to correct it over $10,000 is .038 Percent of the total cost.  Forest River needs to wake up.

I almost have my comments ready to go.

Edited post from billion to million (I need to learn to proof read better before posting)
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:36pm
Actually.. that's 27 MILLION dollars, not billions.

But, as these things go, they didn't "MAKE" 27 million on those trailers. The trailers may have generated that much income, but that tells you/us NOTHING about how much they "made". In fact, in modern marketing and merchandising, they may sell Pods at a loss, because of the interest generated by the "loss leader" and sales of more upscale items. My dealer showed me exactly what HE paid for my unit, and I bought it for LESS than that. He said that the unit we bought had sat in his indoor showroom for almost 7 months, and had "sold" at least 20 trailers for him.. all more "upscale"(and more profitable) than the Pod..

Also, it's normal business practice to fight/dispute/appeal anything like this, it sometimes works and in the LONG RUN, saves the company money.. and that is what it is about. Nothing more or less. No reason to take it personal.
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 6:14pm
agreed they did not make the total amount.   
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 4:49pm
 I went to camping world today and asked why they told me they would not sell the Rpod on consignment. Their answer they told me was not because of the improper lighting but because the Rpod does not sell. And they said it would not be fair for them or us. They said it would be like offering free storage on their part. I think the reason for not selling is a regional situation not national at least thats my thinking. I know during the peak of the recession there was still a strong market for motorhomes in this area. Small campers do not sell well. So if you live in South Florida do not plan on buying a Rpod and selling it later unless you plan on taking a big loss.    David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

beargoodtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 5:20pm
I have a brand new 172T and had five issues with it in a week and a half just bringing it home. RPOD shot down two of those warrenty issues, I fixed two of those issues and the dealer blamed me for two of the issues. My experience, dont buy from Forest River and Colia Del Rey
Bear
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by David and Danette

I went to camping world today and asked why they told me they would not sell the Rpod on consignment. Their answer they told me was not because of the improper lighting but because the Rpod does not sell. And they said it would not be fair for them or us. They said it would be like offering free storage on their part. I think the reason for not selling is a regional situation not national at least thats my thinking. I know during the peak of the recession there was still a strong market for motorhomes in this area. Small campers do not sell well. So if you live in South Florida do not plan on buying a Rpod and selling it later unless you plan on taking a big loss.    David

I can certainly understand their reasoning.  In my 2-3 years of ownership, I've have only ever seen (2) other R-Pods on the road or while camping.  That is not many at all.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>