R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 11:43pm
Welcome.  I'll have to check mine next time I can get up there.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
brownd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote brownd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 5:51pm
I had the recall work done on my pod last fall.  When I pulled it out of storage this year there was about a 1/4th inch gap in the middle section of the seal on the bottom of the light bar.  It was sealed tight when I stored it last winter.  The gap is about 5 inches long.  Additionally, the front marker lights on the fender were broken after my first trip this spring.  When my pod hit a bump the tire knocked off the electrical connection.  

The dealer has repaired the marker lights on the fender but they had to order new 2 sided tape from Forest River to reglue the light bar on the bottom.  My idea on what happens is just like vinyl siding it expands and contracts with heat and cold and since it is screwed in only on the ends when it expands it pops bows the bar and the seal breaks.  Anyone else had this problem?

Dave
Dave
gdfaini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gdfaini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:01pm
I had the recall light bar installed in four months ago (this May). We haven't been able to take the Pod out all summer. I just went out to clean it today in preparation for our first trip of the year. The light bar separated from the roof along the entire top edge. The gap is about an inch and it has collected water and tree debris. It is a mess! I'm not sure if it is a defect in material or installation, but now I have an unusable Pod until it is repaired. I'm afraid to tow it because the wind might tear it from the roof. Very disappointed. I would not have had it installed if I knew it would require constant surveillance to make sure it stays secured.
Glenn
Hyundai Santa Fe <-> RP 173

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by gdfaini

I had the recall light bar installed in four months ago (this May). We haven't been able to take the Pod out all summer. I just went out to clean it today in preparation for our first trip of the year. The light bar separated from the roof along the entire top edge. The gap is about an inch and it has collected water and tree debris. It is a mess! I'm not sure if it is a defect in material or installation, but now I have an unusable Pod until it is repaired. I'm afraid to tow it because the wind might tear it from the roof. Very disappointed. I would not have had it installed if I knew it would require constant surveillance to make sure it stays secured.

It will be fine. I towed mine to Goshen like that. FR resealed it.
2015 Red Xterra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2015 Red Xterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:44pm
Everything I've seen or read about Forest River has been positive since my search for new trailer began a few months ago.  This causes me pause.

The cost of advertising and product placement, etc. is expensive.  The negative effect of actions like this never made sense to me.  Safety issues are primary concerns regarding things we drive and tow.  We may want the space or layout or whatever feature but before we buy production issues, warranties, customer service, etc. are all taken into account when making our choice.

Christine
Looking At RPod 179
Currently 1989 Dodge Class B
Former 1983 Chalet Aframe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819