R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 3:06pm
    We recieved our letter in the mail about two weeks back. We took it to Camping World about five days later to have it looked at. They ordered the recall kit that day. Friday they called and said the recall package arrived and we have a appointment tommorow to have the work done. They said it would take a few hours. And since I had already added lights to the fenders they said that Forest River asked that they take pictures of the fenders showing that they were in compliance with the law. So they will just be adding the light bar on top of the Rpod.   David 
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

barbanjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barbanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:19pm
It took 7 working days for the parts to come in, the dealer will have a ups tracking number.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 12:59am
My dealer was having the parts department get a list of trailers together to order a bunch at a time.  from my call to theirs telling me they had the parts was about 2 weeks.  Mine is scheduled to go in on the 6th.
g4royce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote g4royce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 11:50am
FYI

Forest River r.pod recall serial numbers/VIN numbers
:

Specific instructions and the campers that are recalled are located in the Comments Section of a post dated May 23 by the page admin (forest river).

***The info is dated May 30 in the comments section of the May 23 facebook post.*** 

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
g4royce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote g4royce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 3:56am
Here is a cut & paste from the comments section of the May 23rd post on the recall facebook page. (The comments are dated May 30)

Note that you will need to email them (save a copy of your sent email) and they will reply with the recall letter attached.  

It sucks that this info is hidden several layers deep. Thumbs Down

"r.pod has two (2) manufatcuring locations and serial numbers may SEEM to be the same, based on the last four (4) digits of the serial #. The serial# I am referring to - is part of your VIN. You can find your VIN on the yellow sticker on the inside of your entry door, on the "off door" side, by your other Fed tag stickers, or stamped into the metal on the A-frame of the rpod. To help you identify the full VIN the FIRST three (3) digits will be "4X4" followed by a series of 14 more digits. To locate the serial # that will identify if your r.pod is subject to this safety recall - look at the LAST seven (7) digits.""

"If your r.pod was built in Indiana the 7th digit from the right will be an " L" followed by two (2) zero's . Example: 4X4*******L00XXXX. Therefore if the last seven (7) of your VIN are between the following - your r.pod is included in the safety recall. L004101 - L007284."

"If you have an H.R.E. (Hood River Edition) r.pod, manufactured in Oregon, the 7th digit from the right will be the number "2". Therefore as an example: 4X4*******200XXXX. If the last seven (7) of your VIN are between 2004001 - 2004168, then your H.R.E. r.pod is included in the safety recall."

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by David and Danette

We recieved our letter in the mail about two weeks back. We took it to Camping World about five days later to have it looked at. They ordered the recall kit that day. Friday they called and said the recall package arrived and we have a appointment tommorow to have the work done. They said it would take a few hours. And since I had already added lights to the fenders they said that Forest River asked that they take pictures of the fenders showing that they were in compliance with the law. So they will just be adding the light bar on top of the Rpod.   David 
   Arrived at  Camping World yesterday for the instalation of the recall kit. After a while of waiting they told me they were unable to get started because the instuctions that were included with the kit were for a different trailer. They contacted Forest River and are now waiting for a reply for the correct instructions for instalation. Hopefully today the instalation will be completed.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:20am
OK something I have been wondering since I saw the Notice come from Forest River.  The notice did not include alot of the langauge a normal recal notice has and also it was not dated, the printed font was very large and other items did not seem right.  The outside envolope included my name and old mailing address (not my address that the DMV has) along with my r-pod serial number.  I received a notice this morning from NHTSA to the recall.  Seems I missed that Forest River had petitioned the ruling from May .  Guess they need to go all the way till they are pushed by the Government to do the right thing and fix the 2,741 Trailer running without the proper lighting. 

"Notes:
 THE MANUFACTURER IS PETITIONING NHTSA FOR A DETERMINATION THAT THIS MATTER IS INCONSEQUENTIAL TO MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY. THE MANUFACTURER IS NOT OBLIGATED TO CONDUCT AN OWNER NOTIFICATION AND REMEDY CAMPAIGN UNTIL NHTSA HAS RESOLVED THIS PETITION. IF THE PETITION IS DENIED, THE MANUFACTURER WILL BE NOTIFIED AND MUST THEN UNDERTAKE ITS NOTIFICATION AND REMEDY CAMPAIGN OBLIGATIONS."

"

You are receiving this message because you have requested to be notified if there is a safety recall regarding Vehicles from NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation.

Please click on the following NHTSA Campaign ID links to view the recall information.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number :

11V010

Manufacturer :

FOREST RIVER, INC.

Make / Model Years :

FOREST RIVER / 2009-2011

Subject :

CLEARANCE LIGHTING/FMVSS 108/PETITION

Thank you,

Recalls Subscription Team
Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:25am
We need to make sure if we see R-Pods out on the roads, Parking Lots, or Camp Grounds with out the proper lighting that the owners are aware of the issue and that they contact a dealer to have the corrective work done.  They may be second owners that are unaware or original owners who have since moved and not updated Forest River with their new address.  (Why would you need to update them anyway?).  Some States will not title the campers or pass inspection with the lighting and how legal is it to cross into Canada without the lights?  I'm getting mine done shortly but just thinking outside the box.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:57am
I'm well into my 3rd week of waiting for the parts to arrived, unless the dealer lied to me (wouldn't be surprised) and didn't order the kit when they said they would.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 10:49am
Ray- Have you thought about contacting Susan at Forest River to see if 1) were parts shipped out for your unit and 2) can you take it to another place that is willing to work with Forest River for payment.?  At first I was thinking it may be a different part as you have a 15X camper but they are as wide as the 17X Campers so should be the same part.  I know some units have been repaired at other places from the research I have been doing on this. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>