R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 6:42am
I got my notice in the mail yesterday.  So I guess I'll call my local dealer and set up an appointment.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Bill-GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill-GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm
Still no notice in Georgia. Are other folks still waiting?
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:20pm
Waiting in Southern Indiana, we have a early production 2011 RP-172, nothing yet.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
secretbard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote secretbard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 7:23am
I haven't received my notice yet, but I'm willing to be patient.  It's something I wouldn't have paid for myself, so this is a blessing.  All I have now are reflectors on the fenders.    
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:42am
Mine has been at the dealer for about a week now.  Just waiting on the kit.  I had a leak where the back wall meets the roof.  They fixed that.  The light in the slide out wouldn't work.  It was a bad connection so they fixed it also.  My antenna is shot.  Bought a portable one to use.

Terry
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 9:41am
We received ours near the end of June (hard to say when as Forest River did not date the letter) but I did notice that they mailed it to the Address they had on record from when we purchused it.  The Trailer is registered to a different address now so I'm not sure if they sent out the notices first to address they feel are correct and now searching DMV records but Susan Thornburg is the person working on them at Forest River.  Susan Thornburg Telephone # 574-642-3119 extension 205. Her e-mail is sthornberg@forestriverinc.com.  If you contact her you may want your serial number.
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:54pm
I sent Susan an email last week asking about our letter and explaining that we were second owners. She replied that the original letters went to original owners. She then asked for our sales documents showing current ownership. I scanned the original warranty form, out of state title signed to us and the Bill Of Sale and emailed them to her. She is to send us a letter this week, having just returned from a short vacation.

Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barbanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:49pm
I picked my Pod up today from Anthem Rv and boat in the Phoenix ,Az. area, he did an excellant job and I had the Pod washed and waxed. My selling dealer refused to do warranty repairs and most dealers in the area no longer honor Forest River warranties. Kudos to Susan who helped me find another dealer willing to do the work. I know a lot of the owner"s on these forum"s rag hard on forest river, but as a serious camper of 30 plus years, their product is better than most at the price point they are in!
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
Ks.Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ks.Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 1:56pm
So what has been the average time between everyone calling your dealer for the recall letter work and the time they get the parts in to do the job?
When I called the local FR dealer the 1st thing he asked was... "Did you buy it here?" Which I did not! After that he was not very - lets just say "HAPPY" to help me! He did say he will order the parts and let me know when they come in. This was back on 7/6/12. But with the attitude I was getting from him..... don't know if he will drag his feet on this since I did not buy from him! Or I'm just impatient! Dont know! SO..... what has everyone been experiencing on this?
Kevin & Donna
2010 R-Pod 176
2011 Ford F150
Lariat Supercrew
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 2:08pm
I took mine in on the 16th. and the kit hasn't come in yet.  Our temps. are supposed to drop into the upper 80's soon so I hope they hurry up with the parts.  I can't stay outside in the upper 90's to 100*.  So why go camping if I have to stay inside.  BTW, it only got down to 79* last night!

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>