R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:46pm
I don't know if I picked up a rock but the marker light on the front of the right side fender on my broke on the weekend. It snaped the white plastic off where it comes through the fender. 
ToddsPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ToddsPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:04am
Much thanks to gmandual and all who did the footwork (phonework) and those who commented to NHTSA to make this happen!

'07 Dodge RAM 1500 ST Longbed QuadCab 4.7L V8 --- '10 Forest River R-Pod 172
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:26am
     I agree with ToddsPod, Thankyou gmandual for all you have done. Perhaps if it wasn't for you Forest River may not of had to comply to the NHTSA safety requirements. And I thank everyone else who commented their concerns to NHTSA and Forest River about the Rpods needing the required lighting for safety. In the end there will be about 2,500 Rpods that will have the proper lighting for safety and possibly avoiding someone losing there life or seriously injured.        David and Danette

2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

turncoat3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:50am
I would also like to thank all that were involved in the response to NTSA about the non compliance issue.  Now we will have to wait to see if our dealers are notified and will correct the llighting problem.  I for one am sending the denial notice to my dealer to make him aware of the decision.
Thanks again to all involved.
Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:33pm
Thanks Moose for all you do.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:37pm
Kristin has posted some of the starting information on the recall process on the Rpod FB page.

Check it out....

Rpod by Forest River Ok.. Here we go.. ORIGINAL owners. You will be receiving a letter in the mail w/instructions. The letter will be mailed to the address you registered your rpod with. You will need that letter to make an appointment for the recall work at your dealer. Once you make appointment, dealers can/will order recall kits.
2 hours ago via mobile · < ="stat_elem as_ cmnt_like_" title="Like comment" name="like_comment_id3097335" ="submit" value="3097335">LikeUnlike
  • Rpod by Forest River ‎2nd Owners & Relocated (since purchase) owners. I will post email address and ALL of the VIN's associated with this recall tomorrow. If your serial # or VIN is within those #'s. We will ask that you email us AFTER June 8th with your current & correct contact information.
    rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
    Admin Group - pHp
    Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:33pm
    From the NHTSA Requirements on what Forest River Must Do

Defect and Noncompliance Notification to Purchasers

When a manufacturer has decided that a defect or a noncompliance exists in vehicles or items of

motor vehicle equipment of its manufacture or import, the manufacturer is also required to notify

owners, purchasers, and dealers. [49 U.S.C. § 30119]

The following minimal information must be provided: (1) a clear description of the defect; (2) an

evaluation of the risk to motor vehicle safety; (3) a statement of the measures to be taken to obtain

the remedy; (4) a statement that the defect/noncompliance will be remedied without charge; (5) a

statement of the earliest date on which the defect/noncompliance will be remedied; and (6) a

description of the procedure to be followed by the recipient of the notification in informing NHTSA

whenever a manufacturer, distributor, or dealer fails to or is unable to remedy without charge such

defect or failure to comply.

Admin Group - pHp
    Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:37pm

Owner notification is to be initiated within a reasonable amount of time after the manufacturer first

determines the defect or noncompliance condition. Although this time varies according to the nature

of the recall and the population affected, notification usually occurs within 30 days.

49 U.S.C. § 30119 describes the notification requirements to purchasers and dealers for motor

vehicles, tires, and items of motor vehicle equipment. Note that for motor vehicles, notification is to

be made to registered owners determined from state motor vehicle registration records, augmented

with corporate records. Notifications to purchasers are by first class mail. Notifications to dealers

and NHTSA are to be by certified mail. However, dealers may be notified by other, more

expeditious means. In accordance with Chapter 301 of Title 49 U.S.C., all safety recall campaigns

are to be conducted throughout the United States, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin

Islands, American Samoa, and Puerto Rico.

Admin Group - pHp
    Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:42pm

This is the Official How to do a recall.  In no place does it mention Facebook.  Also it is putting the burden on the owner to contact Forest River.  How many owners do not know about the Facebook page or care about it.  My Rpod is one of the ones that are affected but it now has a different Address then when I purchased it in 2009.  BUT IF Forest River pulls the DMV records they would have the updated address.  How many others will fall through the cracks?
    Bill-GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill-GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:28pm
    My R-Pod is in scope of the recall as well.  I purchased mine privately from someone in Georgia who had moved from Florida. What's the chance of me getting a notice !?

I have been thinking about this lately and decided I need to send a copy of my GEORGIA registration with VIN (maybe title too) to Forest River in a U.S. Postal Certified letter saying please register me for the recall. This only costs $3-$4 and is a permanent record via tracking ID. Keep a copy of letter and USPS receipt - it has tracking ID.

If I get no response, then I might go with a Registered letter with a return receipt acknowledgement.
    Bill & Bev
    13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
    2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
    2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>